• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cheltenham prediction

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Is there really any suggestion that our pitch wont be playable for monday?
Dry for the last 24 hours..No rain at the moment & looks unlikely for the rest of the day.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Dry for the last 24 hours..No rain at the moment & looks unlikely for the rest of the day.
Yeah but it’s the 12-15 hours of heavy rain that’s due to come in this evening that’s the concern.

Fingers crossed it won’t be as heavy as predicted, otherwise I can’t see the pitch being able to cope.

Does anyone know how long it took for the surface water to drain after the Forest Green abandoned game? Even if the rain stops by midday tomorrow, would that give it enough time to drain away before 3pm?

IndoMike

Yeah but it’s the 12-15 hours of heavy rain that’s due to come in this evening that’s the concern.

Fingers crossed it won’t be as heavy as predicted, otherwise I can’t see the pitch being able to cope.

Does anyone know how long it took for the surface water to drain after the Forest Green abandoned game? Even if the rain stops by midday tomorrow, would that give it enough time to drain away before 3pm?
Doubt it........

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
It was said somewhere after the new drainage was put in that our pitch does drain quite quickly so if it does even 3-4 hours would help.

All depends I suppose if the ref decides to do an inspection at 10am when its meant to be pouring down ?

IndoMike

If I remember correctly, many years ago the pitch was crowned, i.e from goalpost to goal post the pitch was raised and gradually sloped away to the touchline, thus avoiding the formation of big puddles on the pitch. Again, IINM, it looks to me like it isn't crowned anymore. If puddles form, apparently they compact the soil below, making it even harder for water to drain away.
With a little help from Doctor Google

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Severe weather warning has been issued for the South West later today. I'd imagine a pitch inspection will be late tomorrow morning so I guess it depends whether it's stopped raining or not. I'm still convinced it will be off.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Severe weather warning has been issued for the South West later today. I'd imagine a pitch inspection will be late tomorrow morning so I guess it depends whether it's stopped raining or not. I'm still convinced it will be off.[/QUO

Have to agree if the forecast is right then can't see it being on

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster

IndoMike

Waiting for A20K to announce the betting odds for "match on".