• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cheerio Luke Croll

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Just seen this from Luke

To everyone involved with Exeter City FC, thank you! Although my time here wasn’t what I had hoped it would be, It was an honour to be a part of your amazing club. I’ve made lifetime memories with my closest friends and for that alone, I’m in debt to you. Please never change.. Wishing you nothing but success in the future

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Good luck in the future Like.

Banksy

Well done Luke , very gracious , thank you for your services.
I’ll be Interested to know where you are going.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Shame, there was clearly a decent player in there somewhere (he was masterful at Fulham, for example), but it never quite materialised for him.

Best of luck wherever (likely in non-league) he ends up.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good luck, Luke. We sadly didn't see the best of him but he always seem to be a really nice guy. The Facebook post announcing this is accompanied by a wonderful picture which I assume is taken after the Carlisle play-off game. Unsurprisingly Woody seems to be the only one not joining in the celebrations!
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10216641956153048&set=pcb.10216641985313777&type=3&theater

grecIAN Harris

So if Croll knows he is on his way, does that mean the released list will be out today?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
So if Croll knows he is on his way, does that mean the released list will be out today?
That's my thinking.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
That's a generous farewell. One or two of our ex-players could learn something from him. Good luck to the lad in the future.

andrew p long

I think it means the manager is having meetings with out of contract players to tell them his plans (if any) for them.

Best done in person, but a horrible task.

Antony Moxey

Very nice words from him, hope he finds something quickly.