• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Chairman's Update

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I dont think Taggy puts in to the club financially, but takes a wage for the work he does, which I presume is transparent to the trust/BOS.

I get the impression he works bloody hard and I have no concerns with him taking a decent but realistic wage.

Dannyred

I dont think Taggy puts in to the club financially, but takes a wage for the work he does, which I presume is transparent to the trust/BOS.

I get the impression he works bloody hard and I have no concerns with him taking a decent but realistic wage.
So what is a realistic wage and do you know what he took last year and if we got value for money.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
So what is a realistic wage and do you know what he took last year and if we got value for money.
I have no idea what he earns as a wage but I'd be happy with him taking up to 100k per annum

Fareham Grecian

You are PeteUSA (except that you can sometimes write simple sentences) and I claim my £5

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
PeteUSA types more sense - or thinking about it perhaps not

Dannyred

I have no idea what he earns as a wage but I'd be happy with him taking up to 100k per annum
So you’re happy to pay someone who admitted he was not up to the job £100k per annum, has the sun gone to your head.

Dannyred

I think what most people want to know, not unreasonably for a trust owned club, is what Tagg is actually putting into the club in comparison to what he takes out. It's transfer fees that are 'propping the club up', every time we get a decent player we sell them and replace them with a free transfer.
It seems nobody has replied to your question?

I guess nobody knows what he puts in or takes out which is worrying for a fans owned club.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster

I guess nobody knows what he puts in or takes out which is worrying for a fans owned club.
The club board and the Trust board will know, try asking one of them.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster

You’d be wrong then. Just because you don’t know and no-one on here’s told you doesn’t mean no-one knows. That you don’t know isn’t worrying either.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
So you’re happy to pay someone who admitted he was not up to the job £100k per annum, has the sun gone to your head.
He's the chairman of a professional football club that is arguably more successful financially than any other club in the division because of the ethics and business model. Organisational culture comes from the top but runs right through to the tea lady, and although Taggy is not alone in developing this culture, he's certainly played a huge part in developing and maintaining it. For me he deserves a good wage, although as stated previously I have no idea what this is but am confident it would be realistic and relative.