• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Carlisle v Exeter City Matchday Thread.

haka

Clear top of the table, and only debating whether 3 goals away is enough. It's hard to believe this is a real match day thread.

We need something to complain about. OK ... I'm not too keen on the socks. There, I've said it.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
You Tube highlights

tonykellowfan

So many chances created! Great performance, so pleased for MT and the players.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
As expected, their keeper Adam Collin, was their man of the match.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Might be the best city performance I've ever seen. Every single player was on top form. Some of our passing through midfield and down the flanks was outrageously good.

Even when they equalised we always looked like we were going to score again.

If we play like that every week we would **** L1 let alone L2.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Might be the best city performance I've ever seen. Every single player was on top form. Some of our passing through midfield and down the flanks was outrageously good.

Even when they equalised we always looked like we were going to score again.

If we play like that every week we would **** L1 let alone L2.
Well as we played some of the Carlisle defending was embarrasingly bad. The first Lee Martin chance came from a simple long ball down the pitch, the move for our first goal started when a Carlisle player was dallying on the ball in the middle of his own half and for the second Aaron Martin was completely unmarked at a corner.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
We won't play much easier opposition than Carlisle this season. From the off they gave our forward players loads of time and space on the ball, especially Randell Williams, who showed why teams usually use two players on him. It was like Morecambe away in the first thirty minutes, they looked like a pub outfit who had no idea how to defend midfield at all. Having said that, we again showed why we're winning games, and as a few people have said, the manager has now made his imprint on this team to make us effective all over the pitch. At times we played some of the best football I have ever seen from us in the last third, while keeping a very tight unit at the back with no messing about. When our players are fouled they go down to claim the free kick and invariably win them. You cannot rely on referees to give fouls and other teams will kick you more as a result if you don't go down. That used to be the case with us but it has all changed under Matt Taylor. We always look fitter and stronger in the last 15 minutes than the other team, and with our strength in depth this season, that is likely to stay that way. The substitutions generally change the game in our favour, and having a baller like Matt Jay on the bench is amazing. His pass for the third goal was Harley in his prime. This is my third season watching nearly all the games on iFollow, and we were in a similar position in the previous two but we are now actually controlling games, even when we don't have the lion's share of the possession, because we don't let the other team create too many chances, which wasn't the case in the previous two.

But next week we go again, and we play two teams who both have two wins in seven so far in the space of four days at home. They probably will be a different animal to Carlisle, and we will only play as well as we did yesterday when teams allow us to. Don't be surprised if we go back to grinding out three points in a less spectacular way if that is what the game requires, and don't be too disappointed if we have an off day, or even two, because one has to come soon. The old cliche "it's how we react after that" is absolutely true.

Ex-ciderrr

terrific result from the reds, disappointed to concede the way we did, especially with Sparkes being on the line. but 3-1 win away from home fantastic some nice goals and clearly could of been alot more.

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
From the clip above, Carlisle were very lucky not to have gone down by a lot more and be grateful that their keeper had a very good game.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
I love Bowman but he should have scored at least 2 yesterday