• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Carlisle United v Exeter City Matchday Thread

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
No surprise Deano not playing he took quite a battering last Saturday.
Mostly due to one David Wheeler!

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looks like Aaron Martin is getting the Jimmy Oates treatment - I can't see that he has any future at the club if we're playing Sweeney at CB and Wilson at RB over him. Wilson's good going forwards but struggles defensively, and Sweeney is makeshift at centre half at best.
He has not featured since the defeat at Bury. He was badly at fault for Bury’s second goal running alongside the eventual scorer without appearing to make any attempt to tackle. MT not just as manager but after playing most of his senior football as a centre back, probably saw this as inexcusable.

However if that has been why Martin has fallen out of favour it would seem to be a very hard price to pay for a player who previously had looked to be a contender for player of the season.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Is Bowman ever going to start a game? Is he not much good or something?

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
It was always unlikely that our thirty-somethings were going to play every minute of every game for the rest of the season so hopefully our youngsters will be able to step up today. Will be happy with a point to set us up nicely for the Bury game next week.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Mostly due to one David Wheeler!

Agree 100% but I refrained from saying so as it appears with certain individuals Wheeler’s halo remains firmly in place.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Stockley on the bench for Preston today

Not surprised he did not impress in their game against Derby.

PeteUSA

Not sure about this commentary team: Antony Waring and Ian Jubb? They sound a bit rough around the edges. Kirky travelled up, why not him for co-commentator I wonder?

STURTZ

Is Bowman ever going to start a game? Is he not much good or something?
I think Matt Taylor is trying to change to a team which attacks from the half way line rather than a boot up to big bloke up front, apart from anything else Bowman isn't as effective as Stockley was. No doubt he'll be on for Forte second half.

STURTZ

Sounds like we've started like we did against MK Dons, hopefully we can get an early goal.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not sure about this commentary team: Antony Waring and Ian Jubb? They sound a bit rough around the edges. Kirky travelled up, why not him for co-commentator I wonder?

No complaints from me Antony Waring an excellent commentator.