• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Carlisle United v Exeter City Matchday Thread

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Happy birthday to Lee Martin. Go score a goal or two to celebrate!

Temporarily Exiled

I know it's a funny old league and you can never predict results with confidence, but I get the feeling that we have to come away from today with something.

Looking at the fixtures today for those in the top 9 (there's a bit of a gap to Tranmere now):
(1st) Lincoln v Northampton (16th)
(14th) Newport County v Mansfield (2nd)
(22nd) Morecambe v Bury (3rd)
(4th) Forest Green v Notts County (24th)
(6th) MK Dons v Swindon (13th)
(8th) Colchester v Cheltenham (18th)
(10th) Tranmere v Stevenage (9th)

Of the teams in and around the promotion places, only Stevenage (and us and Carlisle) are playing top-half opposition. I honestly wouldn't expect any of those sides to drop points today, so we could quite easily end the day outside the play-off places.

Last edited:

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I know it's a funny old league and you can never predict results with confidence, but I get the feeling that we have to come away from today with something.

Looking at the fixtures today for those in the top 9 (there's a bit of a gap to Tranmere now):
(1st) Lincoln v Northampton (16th)
(14th) Newport County v Mansfield (2nd)
(22nd) Morecambe v Bury (3rd)
(4th) Forest Green v Notts County (24th)
(6th) MK Dons v Swindon (13th)
(8th) Colchester v Cheltenham (18th)
(10th) Tranmere v Stevenage (9th)

Of the teams in and around the promotion places, only Stevenage (and us and Carlisle) are playing top-half opposition. I honestly wouldn't expect any of those sides to drop points today, so we could quite easily end the day outside the play-off places.
If football was that easy to predict we'd all be millionaires. I wouldn't be surprised if at least 3 of the sides you typed in bold did not get max points.

Banksy

I reckon Mansfield and MKD could dip out today.

Temporarily Exiled

I reckon Mansfield and MKD could dip out today.
I think home advantage will do it for MK Dons. Newport played mid-week, I imagine the FA Cup match took a bit out of them.

Temporarily Exiled

Holmes out of the match-day squad for personal reasons, according to the club Twitter page.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Where's Moxey? 3 at the back?

IndoMike

Holmes out of the match-day squad for personal reasons, according to the club Twitter page.
Only one centre half ? Huh?

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Unless Sweeney has movedin to centre half, if thats the case A Martin really has fallen out of favour!

crocks

Sweeney can play in the centre