• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cambridge v Us match day thread. FA CUP 1st rd.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Exeter City boss Matt Taylor praised his side after their 1-1 draw with Cambridge United in the FA Cup.

The Grecians led 1-0 going into extra time after Alex Fisher's first-half strike, but were pegged back with seconds to go by Sam Smith.
And while believing they played well "from start to finish", Taylor also praised United for sticking in until the dying moments.
“I thought we were excellent,” said Taylor afterwards. “From start to finish I thought we played really well. The goal’s a poor goal, it’s the worst time to concede and it’s a mistake on our part, but I can’t fault that group of players in terms of what they gave me today.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I omitted in my post to say how well Archie Collins played.Physically strong for a youngster,with great vision.
We did not miss Law with Archie pulling the strings today.
Glad he has signed a longer contract recently.
Great to hear. I haven't been able to see much of our recent games but from the bits I have seen Archie seems to have really kicked on in recent weeks and responded well to the competition from Nigel. Randell seems to be getting all the attention but I would expect Archie to also be attracting interest from other clubs and, as I'm sire I've said before, it's crucial they are both still at the club at the end of January if we want to have a chance of promotion.

Dannyred

For Devon Live the FA Cup match between Cambridge and City yesterday did not exist: no live match day reporting, no interviews, no nothing. The ironic thing is that you click on their "Exeter City latest updates", only to find stuff from at least.a week ago.
In effect, their coverage is hit and miss.
If their main reporter is not available surely he has an understudy or there is at least one other bloke who can do the job.
Or lady I hope you meant.

IndoMike

Or lady I hope you meant.
If I had typed "or one other lady" that would mean Stu James is a lady, too
But, it would have been better to say "or one other reporter"
Thank you for your attention and for pointing out my momentary lapse in gender awareness.
Merry Xmas
IM

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

IndoMike

Not available outside UK. Trying to find highlights on YouTube

STURTZ

Good result. Let Cambridge travel all those miles and play us at SJP we're favourites and by then we ll know our chances of getting to the third round.

Disappointing to concede so late but we ve got a great chance of progressing.

Oldsmobile-88

If I had typed "or one other lady" that would mean Stu James is a lady, too
But, it would have been better to say "or one other reporter"
Thank you for your attention and for pointing out my momentary lapse in gender awareness.
Merry Xmas
IM
Mike..Reminded me of the Kinks song,Lola.

“Boys can be girls & girls can be boys”
I believe the former is very popular in the Far East 😁😁

IndoMike

Mike..Reminded me of the Kinks song,Lola.

“Boys can be girls & girls can be boys”
I believe the former is very popular in the Far East 😁😁
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world
Indonesia is pretty straight about most things, being a Muslim country 'n all.
I hear that Thailand and the Philippines is the place to go for anyone of that particular persuasion.
Takes all sorts to make the world go round.

IndoMike

Think I'd like a non-league club home for the 2nd round, if we make it.