• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cambridge v Us match day thread. FA CUP 1st rd.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
I havent seen todays goal yet, but what I do know is that we should have gone after a half decent temporary replacement. We signed that Vasser chap and we had high hopes we could soldier on. I believe he should have been in goal by now, Maxted is not a long term replacement for Ward. I would have thought Taylor would have sussed that by now.
I agree with your views on maxted, but you are living in la la land if you think a league two side is going to be able to get hold if two very decent goalies. Maxted is a second string. As such he is putting in second rate performances. Welcome to the 4th tier.

Legohead

Banned
I don't quite understand the criticism of Maxted when Bowman goes yet another game as primary striker, misses chances and fails to score.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Listening on the radio sounded like we played well and were the better side for a large part of the game.... more than disappointing to concede like that right at the end.

Legohead

Banned
I'm also concerned that we seemed to show increased determination and will to win against Plymouth when it mattered but we can't buy a win anywhere else.

Red Devon

Based on Matt Taylor's post match interview Maxted messed up for their goal.

Pete will be all over it.

Nothing on the Facebook interview pointing the finger at Maxted.

Andy_H

If our backup keeper, who started 20 odd games in League 1 last season, isn't good enough, I do have to wonder who the **** you think we could get as an improvement?
Bert Trautman or Gordon Banks or .......

Grecian2K

Bert Trautman or Gordon Banks or .......
Lev Yashin?
The original "Pincher" Pym??
William "Fatty" Foulkes???

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nothing on the Facebook interview pointing the finger at Maxted.
It was mentioned in his Radio Devon interview very shortly after the game had finished.

I have not seen the goal myself.

Legohead

Banned
Is there an FA Cup highlights show anywhere on TV this evening does anyone know?

Matt Russell

Lev Yashin?
The original "Pincher" Pym??
William "Fatty" Foulkes???
Judging from the pictures I've seen, Fatty Foulkes was tall enough. Don't know about the others.