• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cambridge v Us match day thread. FA CUP 1st rd.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Still cash in the back pocket and a chance for us to see another FA cup game at SJP.

Bring it on.
If we win : good.

IndoMike

It's not exactly a lot of cash is it? 2000 for the home game, unless we reduce prices it wont be much more.
Face it, to equalise with the last kick is heartbreaking
That's what I'm saying.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Very disappointing to lose the lead so late. I didn't listen to the second half but Cambridge didn't appear to be that threatening going by the stats so it feels like a big missed opportunity.

Of course as long as we do the job at home it will be ok and hopeful we can do that, but guess Matt Taylor will be frustrated and would have preferred not to have the extra game. Hopefully we get some luck in the draw and can start putting sides away more often.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Based on Matt Taylor's post match interview Maxted messed up for their goal.

Pete will be all over it.

benjisheps

Based on Matt Taylor's post match interview Maxted messed up for their goal.

Pete will be all over it.
Unfortunately Lewis Ward is becoming a bigger loss than we all expected. Maxted is definitely better than Hamon was , but unfortunately isn't maybe quite as good as we first though!!

denzel

Unfortunately Lewis Ward is becoming a bigger loss than we all expected. Maxted is definitely better than Hamon was , but unfortunately isn't maybe quite as good as we first though!!
So why not go with Visser?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sounds about right.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
So why not go with Visser?
Maybe he is worse than Maxted, remember he (Maxted) played plenty of games in league 1 last season. He isn't a terrible keeper, he just seems to be making costly errors.

IndoMike

I disagree. I still think the FA Cup causes considerable excitement, particularly for lower division sides like ourselves. Times change, things evolve, but the fa cup is and always will be, the greatest domestic cup competition in the land and I thoroughly enjoy it.
Not much excitement at Cambridge : a measly 2000 fans

Exehausted

It's not exactly a lot of cash is it? 2000 for the home game, unless we reduce prices it wont be much more.
Face it, to equalise with the last kick is heartbreaking
I agree Denzil, it is heart breaking, especially when it was only their second shot on target. However, I think that we should try and take some positives from it. We have halted our losing run away from home. Alex Fisher sounded like his first full start was a success, with a goal and several good attempts. Nigel Atangana and Matt Jay had good games. A good draw for round two, hopefully at home, might inspire a crowd of over 3,000 to attend the replay. Onwards and upwards, Up the City!