• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cambridge v Us match day thread. FA CUP 1st rd.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Disappointing.Summed up by a Cambridge fan telling me as I left the ground ,it was amazing they were still in the competition.
Bossed & controlled the 2nd half.
A hell of a shout for a pen on Bowman when he was bundled over as he was about to shoot.
Should already be looking forward to the 2nd round,we should progress on todays showing but you never know in the FAC.

I hope the clubs are sensible with admission prices for the replay.
A poor crowd today & the worst atmosphere I have experienced at The Abbey Stadium.It’s usually one of the better grounds for noise in the lower leagues.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well stop having a dig at me then about my goalkeeping attributes before you see the goal!
Goalkeeping attributes !!!! 😄

You blamed Maxted for the first goal last weekend when you claimed he should have dealt with the cross despite it being about ten feet above him !!

Grecian666

Just had a look at the Cambridge goal from the BBC highlights. Maxted was too slow to get down to a shot hit along the ground and should have done better. This was similar to the opening goal we conceded against Coventry with Maxted between the posts. An ok shot stopper at height, but he seems too big to get down quickly on the low ones......

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Excess timber ??

PeteUSA

You blamed Maxted for the first goal last weekend when you claimed he should have dealt with the cross despite it being about ten feet above him !!

Ten feet above him, my ass! The cross last week was from just inside the touchline, Maxted had ample time to adjust and make a claim for that cross, and he should have. As Ian Harris said, Maxted should have got something on that ball to deflect it away from an opponent waiting for a free header FFS! Just staying rooted to the goal-line trying to keep out a point blank header was not the way to go.

Colesman Ballz

Ten feet above him, my ass! The cross last week was from just inside the touchline, Maxted had ample time to adjust and make a claim for that cross, and he should have. As Ian Harris said, Maxted should have got something on that ball to deflect it away from an opponent waiting for a free header FFS! Just staying rooted to the goal-line trying to keep out a point blank header was not the way to go.
Kindly keep your ass to yourself please ! Thank you.

IndoMike

Queue is already stretching half way toward John Lewis. Better get yours quick chaps! :cautious:
[/QUOTE

IndoMike

For Devon Live the FA Cup match between Cambridge and City yesterday did not exist: no live match day reporting, no interviews, no nothing. The ironic thing is that you click on their "Exeter City latest updates", only to find stuff from at least.a week ago.
In effect, their coverage is hit and miss.
If their main reporter is not available surely he has an understudy or there is at least one other bloke who can do the job.

Ian Tarr

And the red button highlights show one of our fourteen shots and two of their two!

Oldsmobile-88

I omitted in my post to say how well Archie Collins played.Physically strong for a youngster,with great vision.
We did not miss Law with Archie pulling the strings today.
Glad he has signed a longer contract recently.