Cambridge v Us match day thread. FA CUP 1st rd.

Stelios

Blimey. You should have been around in 1989-91 in the Beck/Taylor (John)/Dublin (Dion) era when we seemed never able to even buy a win against those varsity graduates of pure hoofball.
Now THAT'S what you would call a "bogey team"!
I have a vague memory of watching us get battered by Cambridge and Dion Dublin at SJP in the early '90s. Did he get a hat trick that day?

Stelios

I have a vague memory of watching us get battered by Cambridge and Dion Dublin at SJP in the early '90s. Did he get a hat trick that day?
Hmmmmm. Think my memory is playing tricks on me. Pretty sure I remember seeing Dublin at the Park but doesn't look like he got a hat trick? Found a game we lost 0-5 to them in 1994 when Steve Butler scored all 5 (he doesn't look much like Dion Dublin though :D)

You can re-live all our past glories here: http://www.exetercity-mad.co.uk/head-to-head/exeter-city/vs/cambridge-united/

1990-91 was a good one. Played them 4 times and lost all 4

Last edited:

i8cornwall

I don't quite understand the criticism of Maxted when Bowman goes yet another game as primary striker, misses chances and fails to score.
This! But we all knew Bowman wasn't an out and out goal score when we signed him. Ajose was meant to be this but he has done **** all when he played then got injuried. It's starting to look like make or break in January again!

The Proper Chap

Just seen the goal, unfortunately Maxted was at fault big time, the ball went right through him.

Great finish by Fisher for our goal, he should be given a run of games.