Cambridge v Us match day thread. FA CUP 1st rd.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
We are the grandchildren of apes, not angels
Feel like a loss. Should of had a pen at 1up. Hay ho! Still in cup. Few extra quid. Unlucky. City played well.
Nice one Rog.

What is your hoped for ETA back in God's fairest City btw (bearing in mind the Notwork Rail have chosen this week to sever all connections through Taunton?

Whatever, I admire and salute your fortitude and enthusiasm for bravely making the long, long trek.

Legohead

I'm beginning to dislike Cambridge.

We have a second bite at the cherry and we are at home so IMO nothing less than progression to the 2nd round will be acceptable now.

What else can i say. Really disappointed.

Credit to the travelling fans today.

Legohead

Not much excitement at Cambridge : a measly 2000 fans
A combination of a number of factors I feel. The fact that we played them only a month or so ago. The fact that we are in the same league and it's a uninspiring draw. THE fact that it's the FA Cup and for some really strange reason in cup games a lot of fans who go every week in the league due to having a season ticket don't seem to want to pay out to go. Stupid ticket prices. Which may explain the reason before that.

Legohead

Blimey. You should have been around in 1989-91 in the Beck/Taylor (John)/Dublin (Dion) era when we seemed never able to even buy a win against those varsity graduates of pure hoofball.
Now THAT'S what you would call a "bogey team"!
[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]

They had decent players then though. They're total carp these days.