• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cambridge United v Exeter City Matchday Thread

jimbo-gould

I feared for Collins when he was subbed for Nigel on Saturday in terms of who will be first choice in the future. Nigel better be good! Hoping Archie Collins can come on and play a more attacking role now mind.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Archie dropped for Nigel
Think many predicted that would happen sooner or later. Bad luck for Archie. He'll be back

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Archie dropped for Nigel
Makes sense, especially away from home and with three games in 8 days.

Assuming he's back to his best, IMO Atangana strengthens the starting 11.

I'm hoping he will be more physical than the other midfielders and protect the defence.

grecIAN Harris

Well he should give us an Ariel presence in midfield that we lack.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't expect him to be at full tilt just yet but here's hoping he starts to show signs of great things to come.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looks like 3-4-2-1
  • Maxted
  • Sweeney
  • Martin
  • Parkes
  • Williams
  • Atangana
  • Taylor
  • Sparkes
  • Law
  • Martin
  • Bowman

IndoMike

Looks like 3-4-2-1
  • Maxted
  • Sweeney
  • Martin
  • Parkes
  • Williams
  • Atangana
  • Taylor
  • Sparkes
  • Law
  • Martin
  • Bowman
I like it.

Ash

I don't expect him to be at full tilt just yet but here's hoping he starts to show signs of great things to come.
Lots of people seem to be expecting a lot from Atangana. Not sure I'm in that camp tbh. His highlight reel looks quite good but he's basically a 30 year old who's spent almost his entire career in the lower reaches of the English and French leagues. I'm hopeful that he'll add something, but I'm not expecting him to pull up any trees. Here to be proven wrong.

STURTZ

Lots of people seem to be expecting a lot from Atangana. Not sure I'm in that camp tbh. His highlight reel looks quite good but he's basically a 30 year old who's spent almost his entire career in the lower reaches of the English and French leagues. I'm hopeful that he'll add something, but I'm not expecting him to pull up any trees. Here to be proven wrong.
I agree he's more creative than Archie but from what I've seen he does give the ball away in dangerous positions.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Who is the co commentator ?? He's about as enthusiastic as I am on a Sunday morning after ten pints the night before.