• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bury fan in peace.

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
It's annoying to see the Neville's crying crocodile tears over the demise of their "hometown club".
Especially when you consider they poured their riches into creating and promoting a new, nearby "plastic" rival! :mad:
See, I don't agree with this.

Now we know more about what Dale et al have done, I'd have thought a far safer bet was a creating a new, nearby rival.

IMHO clubs need to have a sporting budget legislated in the competition rules for their league, and limits on the number of youngsters they are allowed to sign.

These are either normal businesses, and we don't give a monkey's when they go, or they are not (as all supporters think) and they are constructed as such.

This cannot go on.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
So, in the aftermath of the R&L scandal should we have thrown all our efforts instead towards an AFC Alphington or a Whipton Wanderers?
I think not!

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
So, in the aftermath of the R&L scandal should we have thrown all our efforts instead towards an AFC Alphington or a Whipton Wanderers?
I think not!
No one said that G2K. They were involved with Salford long before Bury collapsed. That doesn't mean that Bury were not already a basket case at the time, as is now slowly becoming known.

Whatever we think of the money in the Prem, and player power etc etc etc, expecting them to plough their hard earned into a complete money pit on the basis it was "their local club" is just not right or fair.

Had we not been able to evict R & L, would you have had the same opinions about AFC Alphington?!?

geoffwp

(n)(n)(n)

geoffwp

...expecting them to plough their hard earned into a complete money pit on the basis it was "their local club" is just not right or fair.
I just don't get your logic spanky. It's not fair to expect them to plough their money into their local club but it's fine that they plough it into a nearly local club that becomes their plaything. ??

IndoMike

It's easy to say the Neville brothers should have intervened in the Bury situation or given funds, but not so easy to do. It's like saying Chris Martin should have bailed out City when we were in the sh+te. Maybe the Neville's just didn't want to get close to a toxic situation, or maybe their business partners were not interested in Bury, or maybe they thought there was no future for Bury. Maybe they felt too close to Bury and didn't want to ruin that identity by getting involved. I'm pretty sure they both give up money and time to help charities : don't think they stayed away because they are mean.
Bury is the fault of two extremely dodgy owners and an incompetent EFL. That is all.

Langer

Steve Dales business model imo is asset striping of company’s I can think of no other reason why nearly all his others have been liquidated I believe he has set up the debt in such a way there was no chance of Bury Fc survival.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Apparently there has been another bid and the EFL are considering it. Crazy if true.

DB9

Apparently there has been another bid and the EFL are considering it. Crazy if true.
If it is considered and accepted then the integrity of L1 and the EFL will and should be questioned

Grecian2K

Rather tragic irony that in the same week that Bury go pop their very near rivals up the road in Rochdale land a nice little earner at Old Trafford in the League cup.