• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bristol Rovers Away- Saturday 14th October Now Tues 23 Jan

Tim Long

So why the feck did we do that, and screw our own fans over ? I am fed up with foreign owners who don't give a damn about the law of the land, league rules or anything else. Reading are thumbing their nose up at the EFL and consistently getting away with it, and the problems at Rovers are entirely of their own making. They went ahead and started redeveloping their South End without a thought about seeking Planning Permission, or even considering their own fans who had bought season tickets there. Of course work was stopped and delayed. They belatedly realised that they weren't go to reach the 75% capacity needed for a test event, which would enable the following game against Oxford to have 100% capacity. So offered seats at £10 in desperation, crediting their supporters who had already paid the higher price and even extended that offer to their supporters who had already purchased tickets elsewhere in the ground, including those standing in the open ! For a Club who prides itself on the fans who travel the length and breadth of the country in order to support the team exactly which bright spark at the Club agreed to this ? They should be sacked or resign Immediately ! :mad:
I've come down from 'peel me off the ceiling' thinking Rovers had done us over to find that it was City who have actually done us over. I'm going to pursue this via my position as voting fodder on the Supporters' Club committee to make sure it doesn't happen again. As the home club keeps all the gate money, it would have cost City nothing. You would think a 'Community Club' in a 'cost of living crisis' would think of its fans first.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
At the very least we should stop their free teas tomorrow.

Tim Long

Well, curiouser and curiouser. It's been put to the club and the reply is that there appears to have been either a miscommunication or misunderstanding of what Bristol Rovers were offering to their fans, so it's being queried. So 'watch this space'.

Colesman Ballz

Well, curiouser and curiouser. It's been put to the club and the reply is that there appears to have been either a miscommunication or misunderstanding of what Bristol Rovers were offering to their fans, so it's being queried. So 'watch this space'.
It still will need to be established who at our end actually gave the OK for our supporters to be charged some two and a half times more than home supporters sitting in the same stand ? With an absence of any real credible explanation, then somebody at our end seems to completely lack any understanding of how to behave at a supporter owned club and needs to be "shown the door" quickly !

Grecian68

I questioned this at the time, their reply on social media was that it was a test event, presume that’s the spin Rovers put on it to rip the away fans off.

Tim Long

From what I've been told the club will make an announcement in due course (ie I've not been given a timeline for that).

Alistair20000

From what I've been told the club will make an announcement in due course (ie I've not been given a timeline for that).
Three weeks ?

Matt Russell

Three weeks ?
I'm not sure it's what you meant, but today is three weeks since Bristol Rovers first made the announcement of their £10 discounted tickets.

Seems like plenty of time for our club to resolve the issue for our fans.

denzel

I'm not sure it's what you meant, but today is three weeks since Bristol Rovers first made the announcement of their £10 discounted tickets.

Seems like plenty of time for our club to resolve the issue for our fans.
And they have