• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Boxing

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
I love watching boxing but if you really want to see 2 men knocking **** out of each other then have a look at UFC. There seem to be some rules involved but I'm yet to work out what they are. Despite this there is still a lot of skill involved in outwitting your opponent.

If you don't like boxing then I don't think you can ever learn to but any boxer who gets into the ring knows the risks involved and is usually very well looked after by his crew, if something bad does happen then I think you have to tell yourself that we all know the risks. If someone dies in motorsport then it isn't seen as bad as in boxing but essentially it's the same thing, a life being lost due to a risky sport. As someone who does the odd bit of motorsport I have actually considered what I'd want to happen if I died and as a fan of racing I think that I'd want everyone to carry on and just enjoy the sport, I assume boxers are exactly the same.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
As with any sport,it can have a massive effect on a country if their local hero comes good.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/12/07/asia/phils.php

ECFC TOM

Its hardly battering the sh*t out of each other when the heavyweight boxers just dance around.

I also enjoyed Carl Froch's fight last night as well, unfortunately all of the big name boxers are on Box Office.

MikeB

You cannot get away from the fact that you are going to hurt someone. And for any fellow human being to do that ... well, I just cannot understand them at all.

brayford grecian

Actually i find it very entertaining, as do millions of others. Watched the Carl Froch fight last night and it was very good.
Was brilliant wasnt it, they were both exhausted at the end. But the boy done good, hopefully will go on and dominate super middle weight.

pelsey

You can shove your stone island up your arse, this
Was brilliant wasnt it, they were both exhausted at the end. But the boy done good, hopefully will go on and dominate super middle weight.
I heard he's lining up Calzaghe, maybe a step too far for him IMO.

ECFC TOM

I heard he's lining up Calzaghe, maybe a step too far for him IMO.
Calzaghe would probably want someone with a higher profile than Froch for his last fight.

Lager Lout

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm off to my first live fight on the 20th. I'll make up my mind afterwards!

LL
Wll, it seems a lot faster live than it does on TV!

The best part of the night was Valuev's entrance to a live rock band. It went downhill from there - the fight itself certainly wasn't a classic.

LL

Ian_Woodward

Wll, it seems a lot faster live than it does on TV!

The best part of the night was Valuev's entrance to a live rock band. It went downhill from there - the fight itself certainly wasn't a classic.

LL
The fight was shocking! my first time watching Valuev, couldn't believe how big he is

Ian_Woodward

off to see ricky hatton tonight in plymouth, frank bruno there too so should be a laugh