• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Box sets

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
What's your latest box set then? Recent ones from me are:

100 Code - really really good. It centres around an American cop who's trying to catch a serial killer with a very specific style. The same type of murders start happening in Sweden so he travels there to hook up with their police force to solve the case. It ends up going way deeper than first thought and can't wait for series 2. 9/10

The Night Of - Another decent one which is about a young lad who meets a girl who seduces him with drugs and alcohol and he wakes up to find her stabbed to death. Naturally he's the prime suspect and for a while you start to think he could indeed be guilty....Decent ending too. 8/10

The Tunnel - Just finished this and didn't have high hopes but it was very good, actually. A women is found dead at the exact mid point of the channel tunnel so the case is investigated by both French and British police. After a while someone starts to cause chaos by going on a killing spree and begins to taunt the authorities with various cryptic messages. A good watch 7.5/10.

Blacklist. Won't bother explaining it but it is top quality. Advise it to anyone who likes a fast paced clever drama.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
First series of Blacklist was fine but unfortunately for me it went downhill after that. Last one for me was Breaking Bad but having the attention span of a goldfish I find it difficult to stick with most box sets and get easily bored with them after a season.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Blacklist. Won't bother explaining it but it is top quality. Advise it to anyone who likes a fast paced clever drama.
Cool will check it out!

Swanaldo

"Box sets" :x :mad:

The TV programme I have been enjoying recently is Humans.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster

What's wrong with box sets?

You'll be telling me you have a problem with mac 'n' cheese next....

Leads

What's wrong with box sets?

You'll be telling me you have a problem with mac 'n' cheese next....
You're not American, have a bit of respect when it comes to our beautiful language ;(

* I must admit I have never heard of a TV series described as a "box set", I though a box set was a series/collection of series in DVD/VHS form and don't actually no if this is an americanism.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
You're not American, have a bit of respect when it comes to our beautiful language ;(

* I must admit I have never heard of a TV series described as a "box set", I though a box set was a series/collection of series in DVD/VHS form and don't actually no if this is an americanism.
Was only joking, mac n cheese is one of my pet hates too. Bloody yanks.

StroudGrecian

Humans is ace. Plus Gemma Chan is the most desirable non-human ever. Apart from that blue Avatar woman.

And not forgetting Tauriel, who is also fab.

Last edited:

Swanaldo

Tauriel, who is also fab.
Loved her in Lost. Elfing it up took it to another level.