• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Box sets

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just about to lay into Mrs Browns Boys old bean. Looks exceedingly funny from what I've seen.
I'd watch season 1 and, at a pinch, season 2 but stop there as it just retreads everything for the last three seasons and very poorly.

Then, for the surreality of it, watch Agnes Brown
You'll see Anjelica Houston playing the same character as Brendan O'Carroll does but with a very different take on it.

ON NO ACCOUNT watch 'Mrs Brown's Boys, D'Movie' unless you are playing the drinking game where you down a shot for each joke and you are a teetotaller.

Swanaldo

You'll see Anjelica Houston playing the same character as Brendan O'Carroll does.
...and it's based on a series of four books written by Brendan himself. This just gets weirder.

GJW

I have Blu-ray box sets for Band of Brothers and Pacific. Watched about 4 or 5 episodes of BoB but not even watched Pacific yet. Had them both for over 2 years I reckon. Got GoT box set, series 1 to 7. I have stalled half way through series 4 (I think?). Need my wife and kids to leave the house for a couple of months so I can play catch up.

GJW

Finally finished GoT last night. Disappointed with the ending. Not about the queen dying but no one tried to roger the dragon. With all the OTT titillation thought the series I was half expecting the final adult scene to be Tyrion and the dragon. Never mind. On to Band of Brothers.

Colesman Ballz

Finally finished GoT last night. Disappointed with the ending. Not about the queen dying but no one tried to roger the dragon. With all the OTT titillation thought the series I was half expecting the final adult scene to be Tyrion and the dragon. Never mind. On to Band of Brothers.
Spoiler Alert !

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Band of Brothers is quite something! We've watched it a number of times. Take a while to get through.

Reactions: GJW

DB9

Band of Brothers is quite something! We've watched it a number of times. Take a while to get through.
One of the most outstanding pieces of TV about WW2 IMHO, Watched it over a weekend a couple of weeks ago, Sheer Brilliance!

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just started watching a Netflix series called White Lines.

It follows a woman who travels to Ibiza to find out how her brother died 20 years earlier. Naturally, there are a few twists and turns in the plot but it’s also got some darkly funny bits too. In particular when two dogs managed to eat a load of cocaine and go absolutely crazy.

I’d recommend for sure.

We also watched Outlander a few weeks back. It starts well but after season 2 I found it a bit samey

GJW

Jonathon Strange and Mr Norrell. Strange and alternative view of Britain during the Napoleonic wars and the use of magic, both in the war and magic generally in England. Clever story, a few well known British actors. Took me 2 attempts to really get into the first episode, but once engrossed in it I watched the 7 episodes in a couple of evenings. Some good effects as well. Enjoyed the Jonathon Strange character. 6.5/10.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ozark

very good