• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bold predictions for the coming season

I don't know how accurate or how they got the figures but this chart is interesting re: chances created per game last season. Our figures probably skewed by the 30+ chances against Grimsby at home (drunk):

https://twitter.com/d3d4football/status/1140010401410813952
Thanks Stelios. Interesting.

Pobbop

I think we have enough goals, my main worry is a lack of pace at the back.

Bold prediction is we will score a lot of goals, Ajose and Bowman will be one of the better partnerships we have had up-front.Hartridge and Collins will be the subject of serious money bids,

Oh and promotion, promotion, promotion, and I will despise the Cornish and all their utterings throughout the season.

CC

We will finish top of the table.

The disciplinary table for collecting the most red and yellow cards.

ryancooper327

Woody EFL team of the year.

CC

My bold prediction:

We'll finish 9th

The deluder

Jack Sparkes to start the season as left wing back.

I think we have enough goals, my main worry is a lack of pace at the back.

Bold prediction is we will score a lot of goals, Ajose and Bowman will be one of the better partnerships we have had up-front.Hartridge and Collins will be the subject of serious money bids,

Oh and promotion, promotion, promotion, and I will despise the Cornish and all their utterings throughout the season.
I'd like to agree and hope for this. But my prediction is our 'Stockley-loving' fraternity on here will still keep carping on about a and his return to some of our pre-war football over the last couple of seasons of so!

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not sure what others feel but judging to date I think it is very difficult to second guess how our season is going to pan out.

We have two new keepers who seem to be on a par but with Lewis Ward looking the likeliest to start against Macclesfield.

A couple of reasonably established full backs in Pierce Sweeney and Craig Woodman but although others such as Deano, Jack Sparkes and Archie Collins can also play as full backs need to bring in at least another recognised right back.

We now have a number of new defenders of decent stature who are certainly not going to be bullied but who at present as a unit look a little shaky.

Aaron Martin seems to have got off the “naughty step” and if he can recover his form of early to mid season last season will be like a new signing and we have players such as Deano, Archie Collins and Jack Sparkes who can play either in midfield or defence.

Midfield Jake Taylor, Nicky Law, Lee Martin, Jordan Tillson, Randell Williams and Nigel Atangana when back to full fitness with both Lee Martin and Randell Williams in particular also capable of playing up front in partnership with the main striker.

Up front Ryan Bowman, Nicky Ajose and Lee Holmes with back up from Alex Fisher, Matt Jay and Ben Seymour. Sadly as it seems his playing days have probably come to an end I do not think we can include Jonathon Forte among these numbers any longer.

We also have a number of promising youth players waiting in the wings.

In short we have the potential but personally I am glad not to be in MT’s shoes as for me the team does not yet pick itself.

It is clear that the team is now being rebuilt in MT’s image and I have a feeling we are going to see a grittier team with a more physical approach to the game than we have seen for a number of seasons.

Whether that will be at the expense of our losing the reputation for being a footballing side remains to be seen. Having said that looking at the teams that have been successful at this level in recent seasons it begs the question as to whether playing attractive football is necessarily the key to gaining promotion.

GJW

Promotion and higher attendances. We’ll get to the third round of the FA cup but lose to Arsenal in front of 60000. We’ll lose in the first round of the carabao cup to some team in the midlands. A good run in the other cup that no one remembers the name of and beer will be half price in red square for the last 2 months of the season.