• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Baseball

OmanGrecian

Any baseball fans on here?

Following many trips to the US to meet up with my girlfriend I have become very interested in baseball. I'm now a keen follower of the Tampa Bay Rays and went to a game when I was over there a few weeks back. Huge game tonight against the Houston Astros, having been 2-0 in the series in the ALDS, they have tied it 2-2. Not bad for a team with the smallest budget in the MLB.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Love playing a game of rounders me. (y)

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I ended up not having to stay up beyond my bedtime last night as my lot decided to pretty much lose the match in the first inning, St Louis managing to score 10 (T-E-N) runs on just five hits.

Mood not helped by waking up this morning and switching the TV on just in time to see the final out as the Nationals shocked the Dodgers* in the other NLDS.

Incidentally it's not *quite* true about the Rays having the smallest budget - four teams' payrolls are smaller this year (Orioles, Blue Jays, Pirates, Marlins) but this is not to decry the achievement at all, they have done magnificently.

*Actually if again going by payrolls this isn't a shock as the Nats' budget is larger than the Dodgers', but the Dodgers had comfortably the best record in the NL.

Just spotted this topic on here , over 4 years since anyone posted on it , but I am a massive baseball fan and have been to hundreds of games . As it happens my favourite team Texas Rangers won their 1st ever World Series just a few days ago .

Oldsmobile-88

Watched the NY Yankee’s a few years back. I did not really want to go to the Yankee Stadium that evening but I really enjoyed the experience..Quite amusing to watch the amount of overpriced junk food being consumed during the evening !

Watched the baseball in Seattle a few years ago and absolutely loved it, great day out and seemed like a real good atmosphere.

Unfortunately, my only issue was I went on the day that Brexit got announced, meaning as soon as anyone heard our British accent, the game was irrelevant and they wanted to talk politics and understand what Brexit meant :rolleyes:!

Keep my eye on the sport without following a team. Love the fact that, especially when in the US, there always seems to be a game on the TV.

Trapdoor

Wouldnt say I'm a fan (I much prefer Cricket for a similar vibe,) but I've watched the Astros 4 or 5 times. It's kind of fun but it's veeeeeery slow.

Alistair20000

A game of Rounders is a bit of fun