• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

barry Corr appreciation thread

Phil Sayers

Very well known Exeweb poster
I personally wouldn't walk away from someone who was giving me grief so i admire that in the lad.
I would. Whether that makes me a coward or the better man is debatable but what is shirley not debatable is that leaving my team mates up sh*t creek does not make me a good man.

Gozzer

Isn't the normal retort 'takes one to know one' Ant?;) I think calling him that is way over the top. If i was on the pitch i would want him on my side. Baz is no shrinking violet. He's a good boy. I personally wouldn't walk away from someone who was giving me grief so i admire that in the lad.
You're beginning to sound like someone who prowls High Streets after dark, looking for trouble, Geoff.

This thread is a wind up, right?

geoffwp

I would. Whether that makes me a coward or the better man is debatable but what is shirley not debatable is that leaving my team mates up sh*t creek does not make me a good man.
Phil you misunderstand me. I was absolutely NOT making a issue of that. There is NO coward/ better man or any other such thing. We all deal with situations in different ways and I'm not saying one is better than another.

Last edited:

geoffwp

This thread is a wind up, right?
Just a bit Gozzer. BUT, i do like a player who shows aggression so appreciating Baz is NOT a wind up.

Gozzer

Controlled aggression would be good. Its the first bit that I fear Barry lacks.

mole221

minus the aggression and tendency to kick out he is quite a useful player

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Perhaps he could be persuaded to attend anger management classes, taking a few Exewebbers to keep him company;)

Grecian_In_Exile

Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
That aggresive streak Corr has; just needs channeling in the right direction; I.E. in front of goal; if this is done correctly Corr could become that 20+ goals a season man we're all crying out for.

Stupid on Sat yes; but take that aggresive streak completely out of the man; you'll lose that bud before it has time to flower; we'll end up with another Cecere type player rather than another Devine type player.

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Isn't the normal retort 'takes one to know one' Ant?;) I think calling him that is way over the top. If i was on the pitch i would want him on my side. Baz is no shrinking violet. He's a good boy. I personally wouldn't walk away from someone who was giving me grief so i admire that in the lad.
Bobby Charlton never ever got booked in his football career and that is the type of player I like. Bobby's response was to make such an opponent look a complete prat with his footballing skills. If you have to resort to violence on the field it indicates that you have some mental deficiency.

Are you sure you're not a secret Millwall fan Geoff?

If I was Paul Tisdale, after giving him a stern warning from the Leeds game, Corr would now be out the door in January.

Last edited:

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Problems with his temper can be smoothed out
No they can't, from what I've heard Swindon fans say it's been a problem with Barry for a long time.

I agree with Rightwing, if I was in Tisdale's position then Barry would be out the door in January and Macca would be called back.