• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ball boys sent off at Yeovil

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
More trouble involving Ballboys at Blackpool yesterday.

A ballboy was holding onto the ball a little too long for a Fleetwood players liking(they were 3-1 down) who ran to him & pushed him over to get the ball.
The referee took no action(the player could have been dismissed for violent conduct)

The match was feisty enough off the pitch without those antics winding both sets of supporters up.

I know it’s wrong to get het up with a kid who thinks he is being clever & doing the right thing for his club but this is getting to be a issue at a few grounds now.

Stelios

I can see them doing away with them all together if this sort of thing carries on. Really don't like the way they're becoming a 'thing' (positive or negative) with managers praising them or criticising them. Most clearly doing a fine job but others out for their 5 minutes of fame and a bit of notoriety.

Legohead

Banned
I agree with both Olds and Stelios but like with timewasting with players, it wouldn't be an issue if the officials actually added on the time that was wasted by ball boys / timewasting cheating players etc. For example, if an opposition goalkeeper want's to waste time at every opportunity I don't have a problem with that. My problem is that I know the ref won't add on the same amount of time in total at the end and for me that's the frustration.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well done to both clubs.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member