• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bad news

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
For me it's all about the chronology of the sequence of events. Was everything done transparently and ethically or was there skullduggery?
I'm pretty sure we won't truly know Mike. I guess it will all be down to individuals perceptions.

Grecian2K

I thought skullduggery died out with Burke, Hare and the rest of the grave robbers?

Surely the more apt word for this case is "clubbuggery"?

D__Lo__

I look forward to the imminent (pacey) purchases making JMT look a fool next season.

flakey pasty

Flakey's interpretation of "offered a new improve contract"
is "shoved out". Denial of reality.
I take it you weren’t at Stevenage, Mike?

My take on it is that JMT was coming to the end of his contract where he knew he could leave the club for free if he didn't sign a contract and pick up a big signing on fee alongside better wages. The agent involved advised him not to sign a new contract unless he was effectively given a free transfer at the end of the season if we failed to go up as it was a no lose situation for his player i.e. get more money for a short time then either get promotion to play at a higher level with the likelihood of getting a move up the football food chain or don't get promoted and get a big signing on fee anyway by leaving on a free. I don't blame Tagg at all for this situation as what was he meant to do as the agent was a virus in this situation, Tis has annoyed me by doing this but at the end of the day his loyalty is with MK Dons now so I don't really blame him either but that said I hope MK Dons fail miserably next season. Also unlike with our other young players who have moved on for 'bigger and better things' due to the nature of this I couldn't careless about JMT wouldn't shed a tear if he completely fails at MK Dons and drifts out of league football although I can't see that happening if I am honest...

What this does show is that the club needs to wake up to letting its assets effectively depreciate to a valueless item and keep its players on longer contracts especially at the moment when there are finances in the club due to transfer fees incoming.

By the way the agent was a useless player and after this my opinion of him as an agent is of a similar level to something I don't want to smell....

ps As a side note if at this time of the year last year somebody had told us that we would have received £750k for the sales of JMT and Jordan Storey we would probably have been happy as you would have assumed JMT would have gone for £750k and Storey on a Free so on balance we are probably about equal there but it should have been so, so, so much better than that!!

Grecian2K

And to think we used to call poor Andy Roscoe "toenails"?

After this, I fear Mr Winkleman might have to call in a team of Harley St proctologists next time poor ickle Jordan's tootsies are next in need of a manicure.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
After Ainsworth and his mob departed L2 and Evans left Mansfield I was wondering who I could feckin hate next season.

Sorted.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't blame Tagg at all for this situation as what was he meant to do
...not give him an improved contract? Players leave on Bosman's all the time. It's part of the game. You have to gamble on contract length before players stock rise high enough that they can get better offers elsewhere (the flip side being you then end up with players who don't make it on long contracts)... You just don't give improved contracts and big agent fees for contracts with a big hole in them. We've had our pants pulled down.

What was the exit route from the contract if we failed to go up, but he got a big injury? I guess we'd be obliged to keep paying him, right? The thing is that Perryman's supposed to be this genius negotiator, sorting out deals etc. Was he or Tisdale involved in this "creative" offer? If so, we really need to have a close look at who's overseeing things and how they allowed it to happen.

Last edited:

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I take it you weren’t at Stevenage, Mike?
A few youths shouting at Tisdale, you must be pretty weak if you think that constitutes Tisdale being shoved out, do you actually attend football matches ?

Considering how weak and feeble you appear to be I can see why Tisdale appealed to you so much.

100milesaway

He won’t be the last that Tisdale takes