• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ashamed to be a Grecian

tonythegrecian

RIP Paul ' stella ' Reid a true City Supporter.
Back to the original post ashamed to be a grecian?
I for one am not,dissapointed at yesterdays result yes i am,but i say congratulations to Curzon who were the better team on the day.
Don't forget we're 4th in the league,only a point of the top,maybe not having the distraction of the FA cup could be a blessing who knows?

Robert S

I,m not watching the high lights on TV in case we get the Benny Hill treatment again.

But I will watch them next week when we stick the Shots 3 nil.

Up the Grecians.

loobygrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
I,m not watching the high lights on TV in case we get the Benny Hill treatment again.

But I will watch them next week when we stick the Shots 3 nil.

Up the Grecians.
No benny hill music this time!

Tony Wizzz

In the Flybe (not in a suit) and having a beer and
Disappoined yes, ashamed no, ashamed that a so called City supporter, would title a thread "Ashamed to be a Grecian" Yes.

UTC[ecfc]

elginCity

Would the reaction have been similar should the thread have been entitled 'Embarrassed to be a Grecian'?

Very much doubt it, but according to my dictionary it can mean exactly the same thing.

lancsgrecian

The ITV highlights said Deano did not celebrate his goal....but showed Bash walking back to halfway to illustrate the point!

Last edited:

grecianstew

No apologies from me tonight. Disgusted with the defeat today. Utter embarrassment!

W
I am ashamed that people like you call yourselves a supporter. And i am sorry if others have said that, i am not going to dignify the thread by reading it all.
If one of their few shots had not been deflected and if one of our many had been, i take it you would not have been ashamed?

Last edited by a moderator:

Invisible Man

Would the reaction have been similar should the thread have been entitled 'Embarrassed to be a Grecian'?

Very much doubt it, but according to my dictionary it can mean exactly the same thing.
Elgin, please do not credit the majority of exewebbers with any semblence of intelligence.

A few threads yesterday had the word embarrassed in the title.

ThesaurusLegend: Synonyms Related Words Antonyms
Adj. 1. ashamed - feeling shame or guilt or embarrassment or remorse; "are you ashamed for having lied?"; "felt ashamed of my torn coat"
penitent, repentant - feeling or expressing remorse for misdeeds
unashamed - used of persons or their behavior; feeling no shame

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ashamed
adjective 1. embarrassed, sorry, guilty, upset, distressed, shy, humbled, humiliated, blushing, self-conscious, red-faced, chagrined, flustered, mortified, sheepish, bashful, prudish, crestfallen, discomfited, remorseful, abashed, shamefaced, conscience-stricken, discountenanced << OPPOSITE proud
adjective 2. reluctant, afraid, embarrassed, scared, unwilling, loath, disinclined
Collins Essential Thesaurus 2nd Edition 2006 © HarperCollins Publishers 2005, 2006

Tony Wizzz

In the Flybe (not in a suit) and having a beer and
Ok.

Disappoined yes, embarassed no (well a bit) embarassed that a so called City supporter, would title a thread "Embarassed to be a Grecian" Yes.

UTC[ecfc]

Last edited:

loobygrecian

I am ashamed that people like you call yourselves a supporter. And i am sorry if others have said that, i am not going to dignify the thread by reading it all.
If one of their few shots had not been deflected and if one of our many had been, i take it you would not have been ashamed?
Ok Grecianstew how do you feel about the game yesterday??

Last edited by a moderator: