• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Argyle tickets

exeter-loyal

Why only half ? If it is down to D & C's finest surely that is nonsense Surely the end of the NOG forms a natural segregation point. What is the point of building that section of the stand if we are unable to use it at matches with a high attendance ?
That will probably be the reason from old bill, more segregation.

Matt Russell

Why only half ? If it is down to D & C's finest surely that is nonsense Surely the end of the NOG forms a natural segregation point. What is the point of building that section of the stand if we are unable to use it at matches with a high attendance ?
You shouldn't confuse a high attendance match with one associated with previous or potential trouble.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
You shouldn't confuse a high attendance match with one associated with previous or potential trouble.
I am not confusing anything at all. There is a relatively low risk of any trouble inside the ground based on recent experiences. I would therefore argue that the segregation measures are overkill. There is a physical wall at the end of the NOG, and a difference in levels. There is then a physical "GAP" to the away terracing behind the goal, containing amongst other things the "Control room". This provides a natural segregation barrier. Quite what extra benefit is to be gained by also netting off a further 175 seats I fail to see. It is equivalent to netting off a whole block in the IPC Stand, rather than just the half that is felt necessary in that location. The loss of revenue will be around £3500 on ticket sales alone, never mind secondary spend.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
The loss of revenue will be around £3500 on ticket sales alone, never mind secondary spend.
Not quite that much (you need to look at average yield then deduct 20% VAT), but otherwise agreed. Over-caution by the Police and H&S people, IMO.

Let's hope the game goes off without incident and they can relax this caution - if we ever play Argyle again (we are going up and they are staying down, we hope).

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
♪ "Stand up if you hate Argyle"! ♪

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
If I had the wings of a sparrow !

TOP_CITY_FAN

And if you all hate Plymouth Argyle...

Colesman Ballz

It appears that Argyle are now showing the game live on screen at Gnome Park, and charging the princely sum of £11 a head to watch it. I do hope that as the host club we will be receiving an appropriate "cut" !

There has still been no answer to my query as to how many tickets we gave to Argyle for sale. Can anybody confirm this (Spoonz ?) ? I would have anticipated their allocation to have been c 1300 (ie 2 blocks of seating in the IP Office stand plus 950 in the away end), was this the case ? They announced selling out of their allocation of just 1152 tickets so why the discrepancy of c.150 ?. To my simple mind, this suggests either (i) They held back 150 tickets from sale to their fans for their own purposes or (ii) for some safety consideration there was a reduction to 800 in the away end.

If the latter surely then a segregation area could have been created at the NOG end IN THE AWAY STAND, rather than restrict our capacity in Block A of the NOG ?

Stelios

Obviously segregation is needed in a shared stand and seats will be lost but if a ground has a safety certificate (don't know if such things actually exist) to have an 8,000 capacity they should be allowed to sell as close to 8,000 tickets as is practical. The NOG obvioulsy had to pass every safety requirement to get built in the first place so surely it could not be any safer than it currently is?

Send an invoice for lost revenue to the old Bill.

Spoonz Red E

Among the factors being considered may be:
- Despite being seperate the NOG and away terrace are very close. The police would want some extra yards to help with reaction time and space if needed.
- It's common to have several columns of seats left empty as a segregation area.
- The tunnel entrance to Block A makes a 'natural' edge to any buffer.
- Despite safety certs and the such it will be the first time the new development is tested under these conditions.
- The police and stewards will have two separate segregation lines to protect on either side of the ground.

As far as the away allocation is concerned, the away team do not get two full blocks of the IP Office Stand.
- Block L & M are the 'away' blocks but some of Block L is also an empty segregation area reducing the away capacity.
- There might be some reluctance to fill the terrace completely to its safety certificate limits because of the nature of the match
- It will be the first time a 'full' away end is policed and stewarded since re-development - part of the calculation going forward will be based on how everything works in real time and reviewed after the match so there may be a planned, extra 'margin of safety'.

Disclaimer
These are my own suppositions.