• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Argyle tickets

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
If their supporters didn't have such a bad reputation the police might have allowed ECFC to give them more tickets. Karma.
I would give them less on that assumption , Just wondering with all the refurb going on at their field of a pitch how many tickets they will allocate for our game down there .

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
A clear retort indeed!
I have a feeling it was Burnley that the bank was given to in the 90's as they were celebrating promotion. Wouldn't happen these days there would be uproar, and rightly so.

Argyle wouldn't dream of entering the bank these days uninvited.
Same colours but wasn't it Villa, Brian Little, Andy Gray etc?

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
http://www.argyletd.com/t12441-stewards-bullied-at-school-kids-now-bouncers ,

looks like the thugs down there are still wearing hi vis on a matchday ! Video start at 7.11

Leads

I love the way they are going on about that fans who travel to AWAY games should be prioritised, they obviously haven't worked out yet that PAFC make nothing out of their away support financially, it's the HOME club that keeps ALL the loot!
Lovely to think that PAFC supporters are clambering to put the best part of £30k into ECFC coffers! Bring it on.
That’s hardly a radical opinion is it? If I was attending the other 22 away games including Carlisle etc I would like to think i'd be priortised over someone who may have a ST but doesn't do any of the away games. It's about rewarding time and loyalty, not about money (or at least it shouldn't be). The England fans away scheme for example you get more points for an away game than a home one.

It does seem quite a low allocation- of course if we sell out this won't be an issue but it would be annoying for fans of theirs* if they were unable to purchase a ticket despite there being unsold seats in the home end. It also wouldn't be good business for us as we would be missing out on money.

*Apologies by the way for trying to view this situation objectively. I'll try and summon up the enthusiasm to demonise Plymouth fans as benefit claimants/Cornish/some other lazy cultural stereotype next time

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
That’s hardly a radical opinion is it? If I was attending the other 22 away games including Carlisle etc I would like to think i'd be priortised over someone who may have a ST but doesn't do any of the away games. It's about rewarding time and loyalty, not about money (or at least it shouldn't be). The England fans away scheme for example you get more points for an away game than a home one.

It does seem quite a low allocation- of course if we sell out this won't be an issue but it would be annoying for fans of theirs* if they were unable to purchase a ticket despite there being unsold seats in the home end. It also wouldn't be good business for us as we would be missing out on money.

*Apologies by the way for trying to view this situation objectively. I'll try and summon up the enthusiasm to demonise Plymouth fans as benefit claimants/Cornish/some other lazy cultural stereotype next time
Just banter. I can assure you that Argyle fans rub it in our noses when they get the opportunity.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster

Why not go buy a ticket in the home end and give it away to your janner mate ?

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Amidst all this Argyle argument. I'm still trying to work out what a bell jar is.:unsure:
bell jar
noun
a bell-shaped glass cover used in a laboratory, typically for enclosing samples.
an environment in which someone is protected or cut off from the outside world.

TOP_CITY_FAN

There will be Argyle in the Big Bank. Yes they’ll keep their heads down etc, but they’ll be in there.

exeter-loyal

There will be Argyle in the Big Bank. Yes they’ll keep their heads down etc, but they’ll be in there.
If they don't keep their heads down, good luck to em!

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Its not lazy cultural stereotyping.
Its a fact that the majority of Plymouth fans are lazy, benefit claiming, inbred, chavvy scumbags who mock us for having jobs and wearing chinos, whilst they knock about clad up in dirty tracksuits stinking of fags and fish.