• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Another Tis interview

sumner7

Administrator
Staff member

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
some really fascinating personal reflections. I think if Tis had a personal coach (quite useful for leaders,especially those who don't have an easily accessible peer group) he'd be playing back some of this to Tis.

'don't be too clever'

'I've spent too long being over analytical..'

'I'm naturally pessimistic so...'

InMyBlood

Will the real Tis step forward; the one from this interview, from the Mail or maybe a bit of both? We all want City to do well and I don't believe he will want to leave without getting promotion.

David Treharne

Is the photographer The Chief's Olly Woodburn? I think we ought to be told.

Red Bill

I can't help feeling that if he does find himself a job outside football, he's going to be in for a bit of a shock. I get the feeling he sees himself as a bit of a guru at the moment, I'm not sure that anyone in the commercial world will share that view though

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Will the real Tis step forward; the one from this interview, from the Mail or maybe a bit of both? We all want City to do well and I don't believe he will want to leave without getting promotion.
We all have different facets to our characters but Tisdale has more than most. Some on here have been expressing the view that he is providing a retirement home for previous players.

Throughout his time at the Club he has selected his signings not just for their playing skills but also for the type of character they are. I believe the truth is they have returned and he has welcomed them back because they and Tisdale know what to expect from each other each and fit into his preferred character profile.

malcolms

I can't help feeling that if he does find himself a job outside football, he's going to be in for a bit of a shock. I get the feeling he sees himself as a bit of a guru at the moment, I'm not sure that anyone in the commercial world will share that view though
He suffers from 'Tony Blair syndrome'..He's been surrounded by people who tell him how great he is for so long that he finds it impossible to accept that people outside his group of 'followers' might have a significantly different view.. It's not uncommon and owes more to the sycophancy of the group than the individual concerned...l

Andy Holloway

He suffers from 'Tony Blair syndrome'..He's been surrounded by people who tell him how great he is for so long that he finds it impossible to accept that people outside his group of 'followers' might have a significantly different view.. It's not uncommon and owes more to the sycophancy of the group than the individual concerned...l
Similar to a lot of posters on Exeweb then!

Last edited:

eurogrecian

He certainly is an oddity and has a number of traits which are seen as unusual in the football business.

However long it lasts, I think that's brought a lot of good to the Club and also, virtually since day one, he's provided a therapeutic outlet for a certain number of the more highly-stressed members of the Exeweb community.

Incidentally, at the bottom of the article, I see is says "Tagged". You don't think this means it's has been doctored by City's own resident svengali do you? There's no evidence that it hasn't, so it must be the case. Surely?

malcolms

Similar to a lot of posters on Exeweb then!
But by definition, they aren't the Prime Minister of the UK or the Manager of Exeter City, so I'm not sure what relevance that has.... :S