• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Andrew Wiseman

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Judging by the number of long term injuries we've had this year he clearly didn't make much of a difference!

InTheBigBank

Resigned
Judging by the number of long term injuries we've had this year he clearly didn't make much of a difference!
Although I do remember Matt T saying at the beginning of the season that it could/would be a few seasons before we saw the benefit of having a S&C coach, so don't think he can be blamed.

Number13

And the fact that MT wants the role replaced means he still believes in the idea maybe just not the person

The club must have pushed him though else why say "mutual consent"? If he had just quit, then surely all parties would say "I / he quit"

Boyo

And the fact that MT wants the role replaced means he still believes in the idea maybe just not the person

The club must have pushed him though else why say "mutual consent"? If he had just quit, then surely all parties would say "I / he quit"
The most important time of year for S&C coaches is the summer and pre-season. My guess is that MT simply wants someone in place to set individual training plans over the summer. A S&C coach's influence between now and the end of the season, is probably quite minimal.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Interesting insight into th work of a strength and conditioning coach.

https://coachad.com/articles/confronting-challenges-todays-strength-coaches/

budegrecian

According to MT, (DevonLive) an appointment for the Strength & Conditioning Coach has been made & will be announced next week.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Who was spouting off that someone else from the backroom team was about to resign after the physios went, has it happened, is it going to happen still