Albums and movies you have purchased....

GJW

....but not got around to watching/listening to yet. So many to list. Band of Brothers box set. Had for 2-3 years and still not watched. It. Control (Joy Division) movie. Had for about 3 or 4 months and still not watched it.

Who has had an album or movie the longest that has still not been pleasured, and why?

Swanaldo

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'll often pick up a handful of CDs in a charity shop/boot sale/whatever and rip them to my computer to be listened to 'at some point'. For example, today I added The Pixies' Surfer Rosa, an Embrace album and Moloko's Things to Make and Do.

...I currently have 6589 songs unlistened to in my iTunes folder. The oldest one has been there since 26/2/2008!

Swanaldo

Once was enough as far as The Prisoner was concerned...

Oldsmobile-88

Brought Kate Bush album The Kick Inside on Picture Disc in 1979 very limited edition..Never played it,looked too nice :D...Gave it to my cousin who was a huge Kate Bush fan,a few years later after she was disappointed to miss a rare gig by the lady due to a transport issue...They fetch around £200 plus now..

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Steve Jobs biographical drama film directed by Danny Boyle and written by Aaron Sorkin.

was given it as a present because im a Jobs fanboy but refuse to watch it as its *****...

Banksy

You really should watch Band of Brothers GJW. Superb production , brilliantly acted , and all true.

Banksy

I think a lot of us do it .I had the Battlestar Galactica box set for ten years before I finally got round to watching it. And on a whim I buy something from Amazon which waits around for years sometimes , for example I recently bought the box sets of the sci-fis Firefly and Time Tunnel which have sat there for more than three months .It’s not helped by the fact you can pick them up for pennies second hand plus a quid or so postage.Or that the local charity shop is selling off dvds for 10p each! I console myself by passing most of them on to charity when I eventually watch them.

Swanaldo

IIRC Channel 4 used to re-run loads of old sci-fi shows on a Sunday afternoon. The Time Tunnel, Lost in Space etc. That must have been when I watched The Prisoner, more or less every episode in order. Despite the location, a decent lead actor and those scary beach balls, it never really got going plot wise. I can only assume they ran out of money/ideas towards the end...

Alistair20000

IIRC Channel 4 used to re-run loads of old sci-fi shows on a Sunday afternoon. The Time Tunnel, Lost in Space etc. That must have been when I watched The Prisoner, more or less every episode in order. Despite the location, a decent lead actor and those scary beach balls, it never really got going plot wise. I can only assume they ran out of money/ideas towards the end...
The ending was most definitely worthy of a trip to the Feckin' Dire thread.