Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> User Profile Options -> Allow Users to 'Ignore' Mods

Temporarily Exiled

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> User Profile Options -> Allow Users to 'Ignore' Mods

Could somebody set the above to 'on', please?

spanky

exeweb.com demigod
Staff member
Re: Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> User Profile Options -> Allow Users to 'Ignore'

I thought the ignore function was working?

Temporarily Exiled

Re: Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> User Profile Options -> Allow Users to 'Ignore'

I thought the ignore function was working?
Try adding a mod / admin to the ignore list. I get this message if I try to ignore you:

"vBulletin Message
Sorry Spanky is a moderator/admin and you are not allowed to ignore him or her."

However, it's not vital to the functioning of the forum, and there is an built-in way within vBulletin to allow users to ignore a mod or admin if they so wish.

spanky

exeweb.com demigod
Staff member

That's a change I'd have to discuss with the others TE.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster

Actually the "ignore" function is a bit silly, since even if you have someone on "ignore" the post is still there and I bet 99% of posters still take a peek to see what the ignoree has written.
I would either get rid of "ignore" or have a permanent "delete a poster" . I know many are not reading this cos they have me on "ignore", so stop peeking. ;)

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster

No idea but one factor is that there are far fewer posters on here these days than in past times.
There is a lot of competition from Twitter and Facebook, among other things. Although Exeweb posters can be a bit confrontational sometimes I still rate it as the best of the "Thinking Man's"
outlet for expressing thoughts and ideas re City and general topics. Also, comparing it to many other FC websites I honestly think the design and discussion is the best (awaits cheque in post from Sir Lez)

Greyhound

Actually the "ignore" function is a bit silly, since even if you have someone on "ignore" the post is still there and I bet 99% of posters still take a peek to see what the ignoree has written.
I would either get rid of "ignore" or have a permanent "delete a poster" . I know many are not reading this cos they have me on "ignore", so stop peeking. ;)
The trouble with putting someone on "ignore" is that other posters insist on quoting him! :)