Ade Edmondson column

Snoop Fog

Just read his devon live column. Very good and made me laugh.

Unlike Sercombe, Coles and Wheeler before him it appears that Ades words are not re-written by a journalist. I presume because he's a more experienced writer than most journalists!

Sexton Blake

Just read his devon live column. Very good and made me laugh.

Unlike Sercombe, Coles and Wheeler before him it appears that Ades words are not re-written by a journalist. I presume because he's a more experienced writer than most journalists!
No presume about but rather blindingly obvious.

Sexton Blake

My problem with it is that it's written as if it's in a national newspaper and the audience are non-City fans.
Have to agree DW's was more than a typical footballer's effort. Although he used a few column inches expressing his political views, as much as I enjoy Ade's humour, his was more of a personal take on ECFC matters and more to my taste.

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
Have you asked him? ;)
I sold him a copy once ☺

His seems like a one off whereas wheelers was a regular thing so they're bound to differ..Plus not everyone in Devon is a city fan. Just saying.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
I found it amusing. I liked DW's column but obviously it was a very different read. AE's writing style is entertaining and readable which is a very pleasant change from the dross normally served up by the Excess & Error.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Be Curious as to how Mr Edmondson proceeds with his 'support' with all the changes that have happened?
I'm sure he'll continue to support the club as he has done for a number of years now. And I'm not sure why you felt the need to put "support" in inverted commas. Having seen him in the away end at places like York and Luton, I don't think his support should be in question.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm sure he'll continue to speak from the heart as he's always done.

I stood near him at a midweek away game at Brentford in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy a few years back - he's a proper fan.

Leads

I'm sure he'll continue to support the club as he has done for a number of years now. And I'm not sure why you felt the need to put "support" in inverted commas. Having seen him in the away end at places like York and Luton, I don't think his support should be in question.
Seems to be all the rage at the moment- Andy Holloway managed it four times in one short post earlier:

I think that you'll find that ECFC have a very good 'Transfer Policy' in place where, there is a set amount up front £Xk/m them % add-ons to cover appearances, etc. This is the same as most clubs and not just done on a 'whim', pluck a figure out the sky or the 'back of a fag packet'!

Also ALL transfers have to be sanctioned by The FA who act a 'middle men' for the fees and, surprisingly, don't take any % for their services. [Steps back in amazement!] This way appearances are officially recorded, staged payments paid on time and - hopefully - the James Dunne episode is a thing of the past.

Actually, maybe this should be on the "little things that annoy you thread".

Back on topic- Ade is clearly a big City fan. I'm sure he will get over the departure of Tisdale soon enough.

elginCity

Well-known Exeweb poster
I sat near Ade in the uncovered temporary away end at Gillingham the night that Gow scored a screamer during a heavy downpour.

The stewards asked if he'd prefer a VIP seat in the dry and he politely declined. Hardcore fan. :)

Red Bill

He's a proper fan, he was a fan before Tisdale and I'm sure he'll stay a fan now.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
He's a proper fan, he was a fan before Tisdale and I'm sure he'll stay a fan now.
This is all a bit silly as long term fans just don't stop supporting their team because of something they've got no control over.

They do him a great disservice by even considering such a thing.

malcolms

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bearing in mind his tirade (misinformed in part) on behalf of PT...I wonder if he has had cause to reflect on the legitimacy of his observations?