• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Adam Stansfield 1978-2010

mole221

I've been on holiday in Cornwall this week, and was obviously gutted when I heard the news, Stanno's work ethic on the pitch would put any other player in the world to shame, and, as I am sure anyone else who had the pleasure of speaking to him would agree, he was an absolutely top bloke off of the pitch too. He will be missed by many, RIP Stanno [ecfc]

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Lovely comments from Tisdale on the official site

http://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/page/TheBossSays/0,,10436~2123111,00.html

Markthehorn

Sorry if this already been mentioned but there was a nice tribute on Soccer Saturday yesterday whilst Football Focus remembered Adam along Southampton owner who tragically pass away.

Last edited:

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
There is a really good tribute featuring an interview with Steve Tully on the centre pages of today's League Newspaper.

andrew p long

There was even a bit on MOTD, which normally just focusses on the Premiership.

A nicely judged mention, combined with Mark Halsey's return to Premiership reffing.

andrew p long

There is a really good tribute featuring an interview with Steve Tully on the centre pages of today's League Newspaper.
And a really fine personal tribute by Stuart Hammonds on page 9 (yes,page nine) of the Non League Paper.

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Gozzer

Adam Stansfield, City's no. 9, my favourite player in the current squad, rest in peace. His passing is a bit like a death in the family.

When we commemorate him, we should remember that ECFC is not any old football club, it is special and different. We should do something that is special and different. And at the right time.

supercity2007

Stanno was always going to be a city legend, he ran his socks off for the club and was my fave player because of his pure effort.

I do hope the club retires the number 9 for good in his memory and at a later date arrange something to honour a true local city legend.