• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

A new Exeweb

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Any chance of replys to quotes being a bit further away from the quote itself? The previous three posts illustrate what I mean. Things appear so jammed up. Also is it not possible for quotes to either be in italics (like before) and perhaps a different colour, like red?

IndoMike

Any chance of moving the "Like" button a bit further away from the one for "Reply".
(I've just inadvertently 'liked' a Brexit related post from Tavy - a digital slip that I may well now need expensive therapy and counseling to get over)
I feel your pain

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Looks like B/I/U is now working.

CityTillIDie

Finally managed to get my account back tried changing my email to an updated one and have been locked out my account ever since kept resending confirmation and did not receive anything. In the end I set up a new email with yahoo instead of hotmail and I got the confirmation instantly! Very odd but issue seemed to be with the hotmail email?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Hotmail sends all our emails straight to spam. :(

CityTillIDie

Hotmail sends all our emails straight to spam. :(
Ah I see what a nightmare eh

Swanaldo

Also is it not possible for quotes to either be in italics (like before) and perhaps a different colour, like red?
They are already in a different font size, on a different coloured background and in a box. Surely that's enough to differentiate them from the rest of the post!

PeteUSA

They are already in a different font size, on a different coloured background and in a box. Surely that's enough to differentiate them from the rest of the post!

Thank you for your invaluable input. FYI the font size and different backing colour are two things that have been addressed. I've entered this message three spaces below your quote in order to see if that addresses the 'cluttered' issue. I'll post it and we can both see, assuming you're around at 4.50am.

EDIT: It seems that worked, my response turns out to be three spaces lower than your quote. Problem solved, as long as I remember to hit enter at least three times after I quote something.

Last edited:

iscalad

Thank you for your invaluable input. FYI the font size and different backing colour are two things that have been addressed. I've entered this message three spaces below your quote in order to see if that addresses the 'cluttered' issue. I'll post it and we can both see, assuming you're around at 4.50am.

EDIT: It seems that worked, my response turns out to be three spaces lower than your quote. Problem solved, as long as I remember to hit enter at least three times after I quote something.

With you on that one Pete.

Font Size

Grecian2K

Problem solved, as long as I remember to hit enter at least three times after I quote something.
Don't you find that it leaves an annoyingly large gap?