• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

A new Exeweb

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Do I need to write a FAQ? I'm away so I can't do that at the moment.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Mike, stop being a smart arse. You're making yourself look daft. I can Google what that means, in the same way you could have googled any amount of the issues you've faced.

Instead of using your noggin, you've chosen to bleat and whine like a 3 year old.

These are changes that needed to happen for the security of our users, and that includes you. The old exeweb was not only insecure, but it was not phone and tablet friendly, and the forum software was dated and unfit for purpose going forwards.
1. I have figured out the problem. I couldn't log in to Exeweb on my lap top. I followed all the kind advice of my Exeweb peers and nothing worked. Finally a few hours ago I saw a small "home" click at the bottom of the page, I clicked, and then I could log in. The strange thing is that if I click the "Home" click at the top of the page it still doesn't work - only the small "home" at the bottom works. I guess I should have been smarter and realized something totally illogical would be the solution.
2. Another problem is that if you start to type a reply but change your mind there is no "user being an idiot" click.
3. Of course by making the comment in Indonesian language I was making a point : the point being that you expect me to be an expert in IT but IT is just one field of knowledge, I am bilingual in Indonesian language, Spanish, and qualified in French, German and Russian. You're not an expert in some of those languages and I don't expect you to be. I'm not an expert in IT
Good luck with translating my Indonesian message (...by the way it's not rude L I promise)

The matter is now closed on my part.

**** Brexit !

IndoMike

I don't think Mike is making himself look daft. He is very obviously struggling with something that others find straight forward and its pretty obvious that exeweb is important to him. Can't we just accept that we all have different skill sets and cut him some slack?
Geoff. I posted my reply above before I saw your post. Thanks for the support (and Iscalad)

StroudGrecian

🎵 I don't want to change the world...
I'm not looking for a new Exeweb,
just looking for another URL... 🎵

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
Any reason that my post on the social club is awaiting moderator approval? I've never seen that crop up before.

Temporarily Exiled

Another problem is that if you start to type a reply but change your mind there is no "user being an idiot" click.
Don't click the 'post reply' button?

Edit test.

Last edited:

IndoMike

Will explain later....

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
In response to Snakebite ...

Don't know. It's incredibly irritating! Will investigate when I get the chance

geoffwp

🎵 I don't want to change the world...
I'm not looking for a new Exeweb,
just looking for another URL... 🎵
Excellent work Stroudy. Haven't played that in a long time.

Swanaldo

If you start to type a comment, leave the page and come back later, the half-typed comment will still be there in the 'reply box'.

This is useful if you are writing a long comment/match report/rant etc, but a PITA if you decide not to comment at all.