• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

A face you would never tire of punching

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
I knew she had this condition but decided not to highlight it because as far as this thread goes its irellivent and this is pretty much tongue in cheek, Also her condition has not stopped her in her quest and that can only be a good advert to say it shouldn't hold you back. But she could end up being manipulated by people who have their own agendas, I hope her parents keep a close eye on those around her while she's in the public eye

Legohead

Banned
It could go either way DB9. It depends on how high functioning her autism is. Many people with autism are too trusting and frequently get taken advantage of whilst at the other end of the spectrum many trust nobody and are suspicious of the motives of everybody, even their own parents, doctors etc so with this subgroup even at 16 years of age it could be quite difficult trying to influence and manipulate. This subgroup are not easily influenced by anything or anyone and is the reason why advertising is a total waste of time amongst many higher functioning autistic people. Because they just see something for what it is.

The issue is the same though whether someone is autistic or not. If you regularly put yourself out there on a pedestal then you are there to be shot at. Figuratively speaking of course. Sooner rather than later i think that Greta will find the majority of people aren't prepared to radically change their lifestyles in order to save the planet and governments of countries aren't going to take radical actions to do likewise and this she may find alienating, frustrating and fundamentally and profoundly unbearable to accept. This is when her parents will be needed most i think.

Last edited:

dontpassback

I don’t like being lectured to by 16 year olds about climate change.i never had a lift to school ,never had a mobile phone,games console or iPad,we used to take our corona bottles back to the shop etc etc,so if the generation of today want to wise up then carry on !!!!

Stelios

............... ;)

Swanaldo

Custard pie for that one who runs the pub in Emmerdale.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don’t like being lectured to by 16 year olds about climate change......
......not to mention that some would willingly give the same know-all little sphincter's the right to vote ;)

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Inexplicably, I don't think our friend Leo from across the Irish Sea has ever had a mention here. He's being quoted fairly frequently. Face down in a cowpat, I think.

Colesman Ballz

Inexplicably, I don't think our friend Leo from across the Irish Sea has ever had a mention here. He's being quoted fairly frequently. Face down in a cowpat, I think.
The tw@t is just electioneering. He could get more in his face than that if a row over fishing brings about a no deal, and leaves Ireland effectively cut off from the rest of the EU !

Alistair20000

Agreed. Varadkar is a jumped up, self important, puffed up, odious To55er.

Where is that boxing glove...............

IndoMike

............... ;)

If you're gonna do a satire (which is fair enough),, at least try to write a funny script and employ good actors.This was like the "Neighbours" reserve cast.