• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

50 Test centuries for Tendulkar

Now THAT is a statistic worthy of respect. No one is ever going to match this. Twenty years at the highest level and one of the greatest sportsmen of all time.

wemissmoxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Overated imho ;)

He does not like the short ball.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Overated imho ;)

He does not like the short ball.
Actually, Mike Atherton was one who said that had Tendulkar been playing in the 70s, he'd have struggled - he wouldn't have scored a run against Holding, Lillee, Thommo and co in the pre-helmet era.

Ian Sideman

Actually, Mike Atherton was one who said that had Tendulkar been playing in the 70s, he'd have struggled - he wouldn't have scored a run against Holding, Lillee, Thommo and co in the pre-helmet era.[/QUOT

But harsh given that Tendulkar would only have been 5 in 1978. ;) I'd still back him to have scored more than Athers.

Anyway, we'll never know.

In the meantime, his record tells us he would figure in most people's top 3 batsman of all time.

Great sportsman.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Oh aye, his record is phenomenal - truly a batsman in this era that as a bowler you knew you had earned your wicket against (which is why I'd put him ahead of Lara).