• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

35-39-41

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think "gardening leave" for Fail would be a great idea.
Make the bugger work for his money - he could help show the groundstaff how to maintain the perfect playing surface for his successor.

Bittners a Legend

I think he was referring to around the time just before the PFA loan, where we somehow just escaped relegation with a game to spare.
Correct. Before we sold Grimes and were on the verge of relegation Tisdale and Tagg claimed our natural position was bottom of League Two/top half Conference. They were perfectly willing for us to be relegated. They are both making it up as they go along with both happy to take credit for Simon Hayward's great work.

grecian55

Great Post Mr Moxey and some great replies to it as well ,at last people are uniting and agreeing on the dirge and rubbish served up on the pitch and the fact it is driving genuine fans away ,then Tisdale has the gall to say today , why wouldn't our supporters want to return to watch us at home even though we are crap (or words to that affect) the bloke lives in a bubble and is as arrogant as they come ,i say get rid ,he's run his course and his tactics baffle everyone including the players .

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
That's our home record for the last five seasons from 2011/12 when we were relegated from L1 to the end of last season:

P115 W35 D39 L41

But it's not just the board, who are obviously too afraid of losing not only the best manager we've ever had but on current form also the worst, .
As a fair minded fan I very much appreciate your opinion on this and I can imagine the home form is very frustrating, but you have been a City fan long enough to know he is not even in our top ten worst managers even if you judge him by the last five years only.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Top Top post spoken (or at least) typed from the heart - passionate from a committed supporter - somebody somewhere please stand up and take note !!

That's our home record for the last five seasons from 2011/12 when we were relegated from L1 to the end of last season:

P115 W35 D39 L41

A 30% win record over the last five seasons. 30%. So basically we win less than one in three home games. Not just this season, not just last, but for five straight seasons.
etc etc

Hey-why don't you email the whole shooting match to the reporter who had a spat with Tis after the Pompey game?
The way the reporter must feel at the moment having the temerity to ask a slightly awkward question of our messiah-you could find your spot-on thoughts attracting a much wider audience!.

SOS

denzil

Excellent post Moxers - ALL supporters need to wake up to what's happening at SJP. We've been taught/told to accept mediocrity and many of us are NOT going to take any more.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Excellent post AM

And you're right....Enough is Enough

Juan Kossof

Like I suspect a number of others I don't understand what we're trying to do. We may grab a few more away points than expected by the current tactics but surely the business model says you need home support with the attendant gate money and season ticket sales. My brain may be addling but IIRC there was a time when we used to "give it a go" at home. I understand that it may not always work but (perhaps naively) how much worse than the current 30% could it get?

sumner7

Administrator
Staff member
What makes me laugh is all these people that have been saying for the last 4-5 years that it will get better.....

Well here we are 4-5 years down the line, and it clearly hasn't.

I accept that the bad vibes/negativity at SJP currently can be partly caused by apathy and negativity from fans, granted, but what leads that to happen? Mainly IMO the negative football has to take the lion's (excuse the pun!) share of the blame. People are giving up caring about City, mediocrity is being accepted as the norm and it's a sad sight to see.

How has it even been allowed to get like this, let alone go on for 4-5 years? I'll be honest, it's breaking my heart to see this happening to the club I love, with negative performances driving loyal supporters away because the mojo has been lost.

The priorities desperately need to be corrected sharpish. Goals win games, good performances get bums on seats, 3 points are better than 1.

Last edited: