• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

2019/20 Season. Key Dates confirmed

rifraf

It looks like League 2 will be ending a week early

THE EFL has confirmed key dates across the league and its competitions for the 2019/20 season, with the highly anticipated fixture release day on Thursday 20 June.

Set for a 9am announcement, the fixture release day represents a date to mark in the diary for supporters up and down the country, with all 72 EFL Clubs from the Championship, League One and League Two able to plan their respective campaigns.

A full list of the key dates ahead of the 2019/20 EFL season can be found below:

• Fixture Release Date – Thursday 20 June 2019, 9am

• Start Date – Saturday 3 August 2019 (with a likely live game on Friday 2 August)

• Carabao Cup Round One – w/c 12 August 2019

• Carabao Cup Final – Sunday 1 March 2020

• EFL Trophy Round One – w/c 2 September 2019

• EFL Trophy Final – Sunday 5 April 2020

• League Two Play-Off Final – Saturday 16 May 2020

• League One Play-Off Final – Sunday 24 May 2020

• Championship Play-Off Final – Monday 25 May 2020
Best keep Sunday 24 May clear then …………..!

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Seconded ! (y)

Information

Would imagine Tuesday 6 August pencilled in for midweek fixtures seeing as the League Cup isn’t until after the second weekend of matches next season.
The answer is in the first post

Hidden under the words Carabao Cup

Blank midweek just like this year due to Championship clubs having their transfer deadline on the Thursday

If a player played on the Tuesday he would be cup tied

denzel

Eh? We are going up as Champios!

Information

Confirmed by the club
Saturday, April 25, 2020: The final day of the Sky Bet League Two season.

So there will be a sixth midweek round rather than the normal five

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I assume the fixture computer will be working out the most geographically awkward games for the midweek matches.

Last edited:

Number13

I assume the fixture computer will be working out the most geographically awkward games for the midweek matches.
As I understand it the clubs can ask for which fixtures they want midweek and the EFL do their bet to accomodate. We tend to ask, I beleive, for games that if played on a Saturday would need an (expensive) overnight stay but that if done on a midweek can be done on the day. Games that can always be done in a day (Plym**th, Cheltenham, etc) will always be Saturdays as would games that will always need an overnight stay like Carlisle or Morecambe

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
We'll have to play that lot down the 38 at 1pm (SJP) and their game will be at 3pm ( Theatre of crushed dreams )

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just hope that Orient away isn't midweek again

Oldsmobile-88

Just hope that Orient away isn't midweek again
The last visit I enjoyed despite it being a midweek fixture,up with RaWZ on the train,a few pubs visited in the afternoon & post match,then back on the Night Riviera Train..Sweating for the trip back because the line was out between Exeter & Taunton but luckily the train still ran back via Yeovil Junction,saving us all a kip in a park !