• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

2019/20 Season. Key Dates confirmed

Leads

I've been to all the grounds bar Fylde/Salford so i'm really hoping that's on a Saturday, the rest i'm not too bothered about.

A very early start this year (earliest ever)?

Information

Here are the confirmed FA Cup Round dates for 2019/20

Extra Preliminary Round – Saturday 10th August 2019
Preliminary Round – Saturday 24th August 2019
First Qualifying Round – Saturday 7th September 2019
Second Qualifying Round – Saturday 21st September 2019
Third Qualifying Round – Saturday 5th October 2019
Fourth Qualifying Round – Saturday 19th October 2019

First Round Proper – Saturday 9th November 2019

Second Round Proper – Saturday 30th November 2019

Third Round Proper – Saturday 4th January 2020

Fourth Round Proper – Saturday 25th January 2020

Fifth Round Proper – Wednesday 4th March 2020

Quarter Final – Saturday 21st March 2020

Semi Final – Saturday 18th April 2020

Final – Saturday 23rd May 2020

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Wish they'd leave the FA Cup alone. :(

Stelios

Wish they'd leave the FA Cup alone. :(
I assume the 'Saturday' games will be spread across Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday at all sorts of weird times to cater for Far East TV?

Although a traditionalist when it comes to lots of football things I don't mind midweek FA Cup night games. Remember Liverpool on Friday night? Or Wigan v Man City? I think the atmospheres are better and can help the smaller sides. But it won't be much fun if we draw Middlesborough away (puke)

The deluder

At least that would mean we got past the first round.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I assume the 'Saturday' games will be spread across Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday at all sorts of weird times to cater for Far East TV?

Although a traditionalist when it comes to lots of football things I don't mind midweek FA Cup night games. Remember Liverpool on Friday night? Or Wigan v Man City? I think the atmospheres are better and can help the smaller sides. But it won't be much fun if we draw Middlesborough away (puke)
There is a big difference between a Wednesday and a Friday night. It's a damn sight more difficult for away fans travelling mid week, due to work commitments etc. What about the next generation of fans too ? You can't take your kids to a game that potentially they will remember for the rest of their lives, when they have got school the next day.

The FA has to seriously stand up to the Premier League. They should make them play an extra mid week fixture and leave the FA Cup alone. Let's face it the PL would be happy enough to squeeze in the 39th fixture in some far flung part of the globe.

Information

Also the midweek FA Cup games in R5 will be finished on the night with no replays

I bet tv will be trying to push for 2 kick off times as well on each night !!!

Last edited: