• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

2019/20 kits

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
We are a small club in Devon because of the small club attitude of those who have run it.

We only have to look at the ambition of the local rugby club.
Pro Direct is massive in the kit supply chain

They supply loads of kits (Torquay being one) to clubs up and down the land. They licence for Nike Adidas Puma Umbro North Face Under armour Samuri and many many more

At the end of the day when you’re a big club it’s not you knocking on their door.. it’s the suppliers knocking on your door!!

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
You only have to look at the cash of the owner of the local rugby club, and compare it to the cash waved around by their competitors, to see how they could make themselves competitive.

Compare that to us, and you're in dream land.

But I knew that anyway.

How is Jose Maria Marin? You never answered.
Agreed.. as I’ve previously said Samurai offered them the best deal as every manufacturer wanted to supply them..

The problem is you can’t educate Pork

TSW1389

Chiefs have also made sure that all official chiefs branded kit can only be bought through samurai or chiefs themselves which keeps the price of the kit high and guaranteeing a very nice profit margin! £60 for a replica or £80 for playing shirt compared to £42 for city shirt.
The rugby market is not as tribal and saturated like the football one. I know fans who are chiefs fans for rugby but then argyle fans when it comes to football. Chiefs business plan realised they could attract rugby fans from the whole of Devon and bits of Cornwall. there success has reflected in the shrinking of Plymouth Albion and the Cornish Pirates
I for one like the Joma kit and is nice not to have some standard shirt with the Exeter branding cut and pasted to fit onto it. Would a kit being made by one of the "bigger" brands make me more likely to buy a shirt? NO end of the day I buy a new city shirt when I like the current design or just fancy a new one.
Anyway sorry for the rant but is there any news on the 3rd shirt?

Andy Holloway

We are a small club in Devon because of the small club attitude of those who have run it.

We only have to look at the ambition of the local rugby club.
Then step forward Mr DannyRed Abramovich and help us to become a 'big club', with equally big debts! Wanting and achieving are two completely different things, and it's nothing to do with attitude, it's reality.

I'd love to be am millionaire, but reality tells me that i can't and almost certainly will never be.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Andy, Daniel doesn't understand economics or anything about living within your means, he has all the making of a football league chairman - hopefully not with ECFC though, perhaps he would like to take his business knowledge experience and connections down the road

Andy Holloway

Andy, Daniel doesn't understand economics or anything about living within your means, he has all the making of a football league chairman - hopefully not with ECFC though, perhaps he would like to take his business knowledge experience and connections down the road
Bury are for sale, they could be rechristened Bury Red and field a team of females who would play every game at Gigg Lane, both home and away ones!!

Dannyred

Bury are for sale, they could be rechristened Bury Red and field a team of females who would play every game at Gigg Lane, both home and away ones!!
Think your post is embarrassing but sums you up completely.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The full size range of the current away shirt is back in stock, it's been very popular apparently.

budegrecian

The full size range of the current away shirt is back in stock, it's been very popular apparently.
Thanks for that; been waiting to get one, so can now look into the club shop tomorrow & pick one up.

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
Think your post is embarrassing but sums you up completely.
As are your repetitive musings, and as they do.

Mr Marin?