• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

2016/17 - Your Top 5 Matches

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Not Carlisle home, Hants?
That one is better than the best 5! :)

Last edited:

Legohead

Banned
Best of the games I went to. Many others were pants.

Notts County 2 v 2 Exeter on Valentines night.

What could be more romantic than getting my other half to drop me off outside Meadow Lane and come and pick me up again at full time? I know, i'm an old romantic at heart. 1-0 up, man sent off then 2-0 up with minutes to spare so job done. I nip to the kazi. When I come out it's 2-2!! It was only a number one as well!! All the more remarkable. Costly, costly points.

Yeovil 3 v 3 Exeter

A glorious drive down from Yorkshire with my pal who is a Wednesday fan. Not the day, the team. Losing 3-0 with a couple of minutes to go my mate talks me into leaving. Head back to the car parked in John Lewis, radio on and it's friggin' 3-3! I vowed never to leave an Exeter game early again no matter what the score. Great fightback but how we were 3 goals down to a pretty dire Yeovil side that day is a total mystery. Not the best game for me, missing three goals and all that but I was pleased for all the fans who were supportive enough to tough it out on a supposed lost cause. Call myself a fan?! ;(

Mansfield 1 v 2 Exeter

Just around the corner for me this game. Great turnout of Grecians. Losing with 5 to go and for some reason I was convinced we would somehow still win this game. Checked BET365 (other sports betting sites are available) at the time and we were 80/1 for the win but decided against it. Glory be when Reid slammed home an injury time pen. Following Exeter is not good for the heart.

Doncaster 1 v 3 Exeter

Back in my home town. Cracking atmosphere. Thought we'd had it when Donny equalised but we mullered them into submission and deservedly took the points to seal a play off spot. Amazing day.

Last edited:

Mark Wakeley

Grimsby Away, Donny Away, Carlisle Away, Notts County Away. Did 9 home games and they were all poor. Yes I walked out at SJP 3 DOWN v Yeovil. I'll get my coat?

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Carlisle home has to be number one

Then Wycombe at home

Mansfield at Home

Colchester at Home

Brentford at Home

Colesman Ballz

Carlisle home has to be number one

Then Wycombe at home

Mansfield at Home

Colchester at Home

Brentford at Home
Are you related to Homer Simpson ? ;)

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Are you related to Homer Simpson ? ;)
:)

Alas despite our very good away form away matches at Yeovil Plymouth and Wembley didn't make the cut.