• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

16/17 ARGYLE HOME DISPLAY (amongst others): Red Legion needs you!

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
ARGYLE HOME DISPLAY (amongst others): Red Legion needs you!
----

Exeter City supporter's group 'Red Legion' - raising money for the 2016/17 season. We've had some great donations so far - the more we raise the more we can produce for next seasons big games. Work has already started on the Argyle display, it should be a cracker.

https://www.gofundme.com/28hr6ets

-----

Last season a group of City fans decided to get together and attempt to improve the noise levels at St James Park, as well as bringing colour to the stands.
Following on from last year and particularly the display for Liverpool, we're keen to kick on and produce more displays for key games during the 2016/17. This will include the first home game of the season, and more than likely the Derby game.
Thanks to the generosity of fellow Grecians the FA Cup display was a success, so we're asking anyone who would like to help us out to donate and enable us to purchase the various materials required for the new season.
UTC!

RL15

https://www.gofundme.com/28hr6ets

Grecian Max

Last edited:

Avening Posse

Done and shared on Facebook to my plethora of tight fisted ECFC buddies !

Grecian Max

Sorry to triple post but it's also worth mentioning that we're doing a big push now because of the turnaround of a lot of materials we'll need for this display, plus the time to physically make the thing!

Grecian Max

Done and shared on Facebook to my plethora of tight fisted ECFC buddies !
Nice one! B-)

Last edited:

Grecian Max

Thanks for the donations so far

The PayPal link was playing up so he's an updated one

https://t.co/G03Dkv0x7J

Terryhall

Sorry to say that I won't be donating after last nights incident with the smoke bombs at the Taunton game. No way for me to know for sure that I'm not paying for pyrotechnics.

Barum

Sorry to say that I won't be donating after last nights incident with the smoke bombs at the Taunton game. No way for me to know for sure that I'm not paying for pyrotechnics.
Never see any pyro displays at the footie in Switzerland do we Terry? ;)

Grecian Max

Terry, I can tell you for a fact that no pyro has been purchased by RL as a group. All we've purchased is a new flag/banner and numerous materials for the argyle display in particular. So don't make presumptions however tempting that is.

Last edited:

CraigECFC

Sorry to hear that Terry as it wasn't any of the core group that put in all the hard work that let off or threw the pyro. I can assure you no donations were spent on pyro nor would we think of doing that. The new flag and the new banner were example of where funds are going. We have also started an argyle display and are spending the money wisely.

It is a shame that after all the time and hard work we have put in to improve the atmosphere at the ground thatwe would be disregarded by an incident like this.