• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ryan Who?ley

ecfc01

http://blogs.walesonline.co.uk/jacksbanter/2011/07/swanseas-forgotten-signing.html

looks like he has gone from hero to zero in his move already, shame very good player who is going to be wasted

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Unfortunately this was predictable from the moment Swansea were promoted. They have also signed several players with Premiership experience over the summer, the latest is reported to be Leroy Lita.

I expect him to be loaned out - maybe to Bristol City ? - which might save him the ignominy of not being in their Premiership squad of 25 the rate they are signing players (Prem clubs have to name a squad of 25 players and only they can play in league games).

A pity as I think he'd have done a job for them in the Championship. But I suspect the Premiership may be a leap too far.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Given Swansea were 2nd in the Championship table when Harley signed, the thought in that piece that he was signed with another season in the Championship in mind doesn't hold any water whatsoever.

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
If he'd gone to Brighton, City would have got some dosh and Harley would have got some games...Then again, he didn't have to move house:S

angelic upstart

If he'd gone to Brighton, City would have got some dosh and Harley would have got some games...Then again, he didn't have to move house:S
I heard he has moved to Swansea. Closer to Brizzle mind you.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I heard he has moved to Swansea. Closer to Brizzle mind you.
Almost exactly the same distance as Exeter (80 miles), actually...

angelic upstart

:) I meant closer to Bristol than Brighton.

StroudGrecian

So you think that Tisdale should have given up on the season (or worse; we were still looking over our shoulders at the drop zone in January) by selling our most influential player for what was commonly quoted as being 'a derisory sum'?

FAN-TATIC

http://blogs.walesonline.co.uk/jacksbanter/2011/07/swanseas-forgotten-signing.html

looks like he has gone from hero to zero in his move already, shame very good player who is going to be wasted
Having read the article(thanks for the link) and watched the video I think it OTT to state that he has gone from hero to zero. He has yet to prove himself but there will be other players in the Swansea squad who like him have never played in the Premiership. So they will be no different to him.

However, I will be interested to see how he does if he plays in the Prem' as I have to admit I thought he might make the grade in the Championship but had serious doubts as to whether he could hack it in the Prem.

Good luck to him anyway.

Last edited:

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
So you think that Tisdale should have given up on the season (or worse; we were still looking over our shoulders at the drop zone in January) by selling our most influential player for what was commonly quoted as being 'a derisory sum'?
Indeed, we were 5 points off relegation, and 5 points off the playoffs, when we sold him.

The big decision at the time was "Sell him, get a little cash but possibly get relegated" or "Keep him, get no cash but possibly get promoted" - I know which option I preferred at the time and with hindsight proved a good move.