• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ten years?

Ian Tarr

Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but I have just read on GNet that Exeweb has been going for ten years.

That being the case, I would like to give my thanks to Mr. Exeweb (and all his helpers over the years).

IMHO this website has -- despite some opinions to the contrary -- made a fantastic contribution to the well being of ECFC over the years, and Steve is to be thanked for his vision and his commitment, sometimes in the face of extraordinary pressures.

Long Live Exeweb!

(Mods: please feel free to move this to a more appropriate forum if you can think of one, but obviously this one is the one that gets read most. :) )

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
Echoed.

I guess Steve must have set the site up with all thte money he made from being the milky bar kid.

manc grecian

Happy Birthday.

Its kept me sane at work for the past 5ish years.

Brian Moore

Happy Birthday

Its kept me busy at work for the past 5ish years

LammieLammieLammie

Steve Morris = the man singlehandly responsible for the downturn in the global ecomomy.

Anyone here at the very beginning (apart from Mr E?)

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Not quite - think I first posted in about '99.

Poultice

Steve Morris = the man singlehandly responsible for the downturn in the global ecomomy.

Anyone here at the very beginning (apart from Mr E?)
You don't mean you have managed 25000 posts in less than ten years ?

exeweb

Administrator
Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but I have just read on GNet that Exeweb has been going for ten years.
I did subtly alude to our birthday on some thread over the summer. The site's been around for over ten years, I reckon but this would be the testimonial season for it in it's current form.

I was thinking of buying a present for the club to commemorate it. would anyone be interested in donating towards this? I was thinking of getting the home, away and third shirts printed with "EXEWEB 10" on the back and getting them framed with a little plaque.

If it went up somewhere in the ground (maybe the SJC), that might be nice. And maybe all who donate could have their names entered into a draw to present the pressie to the club.

Anyone fancy that?

southamptongrecian

sounds good to me.

OmanGrecian

Happy Birthday Exeweb

"Helping working people get sacked since 1998"