Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nigel Atangana Signs

Nigel Atangana Signs

He describes himself as a box to box midfielder. Hopefully he builds an excellent relationship with Nicky Law
    http://www.exeweb.com/2019/05/20/nig...-the-grecians/

Re: Nigel Atangana Signs

Gary Johnson called him the League 2's answer to Paul Pogba. That could go one of two ways. Either he's a really strong, powerful, creative player who is also capable of putting himself about or he's a sulky French tosser who thinks he's better than what he is. I suppose we'll find out in time.

Bienvenue Nigel

He goes out of his way on the club video interview to say he is NOT like Paul Pogba! Comes across very well. He was very impressive in the 1st half at SJP for Cheltenham last season. The achilles injury is obviously a huge red flag next to his name.

Definitely gives us something a bit 'extra' in the middle that I feel we've been lacking. This probably means a greater likelihood of Boateng going I suppose.

Wiki says he's a defensive mid-fielder. Hopefully will take Jake's role and Jake can do something else.

I know Wikipedia isn't exactly the greatest source of information but from what I can glean from there and what he has said about himself in the first interview he's here to push Jake Taylor. He made his debut for Pompey against us and replaced Dunney there when he got injured. Goals aren't exactly something he is full of (11 in 253 appearances and half of them whilst playing for Havant and Waterlooville in Conference South in one season).

We could see Collins playing further forward next season imho.

Atangana should give us some physicality in midfield, he's well over six foot and looks quite athletic.

Looks like a promising signing.
    Last edited by The Proper Chap; 20 May 2019 at 08:54.

Quote Originally Posted by The Proper Chap View Post
    We could see Collins playing further forward next season imho.
    That would be no bad thing.

Solid signing and adds some physicality to the midfield which we generally lack.

Bit of suspect injury record, but Cheltenham fans seems to like him so that’s good.

It’s very refreshing to get some early business done and hopefully one or two more to come in relatively soon....

Watching the clips on his interview, not much to go on I know, but he looks a tidy player on the ball and not easily knocked about.

From what I've read he's a good player, but has never managed to stay fit for a full campaign. Worth noting that Tillson was brought in by Cheltenham as a replacement when Atangana picked up an injury this season, so that gives an indication of where he'll play - may also mean there's more chance of Tillson's loan move being made permanent.