• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Entry to Exeter sign

Andy Holloway

Has anybody using the B 3181 seen the new Exeter sign as you cross the M5 at Poltimore?

Features an ECFC player who bears a striking resemblance to Deano.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Saw it last week it looks good

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
There's one on Stoke Hill with a number 7 on. Thought it was Lee Martin?

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Where's the stoke hill one SRJ?

Stelios

The one by Sandy Park has a Chiefs player (understandably...)

Tim Long

Super Ronnie Jepson said:
Thought it was Lee Martin?
Can you two compromise and agree that it's Dean Martin ?

dontpassback

I think it is when you come into Exeter past the old mincinglake tip,at stoke valley road

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
There's actually two. As you go up the hill from Stoke Canon there's one on the left hand side then another when you get to the turning for Poltimore.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Has anybody using the B 3181 seen the new Exeter sign as you cross the M5 at Poltimore?

There are a series of these signs, intended to promote the city council's Exeter Live Better initiative, across the city. I may be mistaken, but think the Exeter Live Better logo may have featured on last season's kit somewhere. I haven't seen the sign in question yet but have seen one or two of the others and, FWIW, think they're pretty cool.

As an aside, I was speaking to someone from the city council's comms directorate last week and he mentioned that while the City sign isn't supposed to depict a particular player it was loosely based on Jayden Stockley - I presume the artwork commissioned prior to Jayden's departure - though, as has been mentioned before, there is more than a passing resemblance between him and Deano.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
As an aside, I was speaking to someone from the city council's comms directorate last week and he mentioned that while the City sign isn't supposed to depict a particular player it was loosely based on Jayden Stockley - I presume the artwork commissioned prior to Jayden's departure - though, as has been mentioned before, there is more than a passing resemblance between him and Deano.
Can we just pretend it's Deano as he would be the perfect player to represent the club on the signposts.