• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Starting line up based on players under contract..

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
I always like to see how the possible line up evolves over the summer.

As of now..

Weale (!)

Sweeney
Martin A
Moxey
Woodman

Taylor
Collins

Williams
Law
Martin A

Bowman

Subs

Jack Arthur or Matt Taylor(!)
Forte
Holmes
Jay
tillson
Hartridge
Dean

In reserve - Sparkes,Randall, Key,Seymour, Kite,Dodd,Dyer

Red Devon

L Martin wide left, Collins will play the advanced midfield role, hopefully Sweeney and Woodman will be bench warming, Devitt alongside Bow and I won’t mention Weale.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I always like to see how the possible line up evolves over the summer.

As of now..

Weale (!)

Sweeney
Martin A
Moxey
Woodman

Taylor
Collins

Williams
Law
Martin A

Bowman

Subs

Jack Arthur or Matt Taylor(!)
Forte
Holmes
Jay
tillson
Hartridge
Dean

In reserve - Sparkes,Randall, Key,Seymour, Kite,Dodd,Dyer
Apart from the obvious holes the first 11 doesn't look too bad! I'd possibly have Will Dean in ahead of Aaron Martin, although it remains to be seen whether his best position will be in midfield or defence.

denzel

I'd put Hartridge ahead of Martin. He played some really good games but then had a bad half at Northampton when he played in a three and was never given another chance. Plus I fancy that Moxey likes playing alongside a youngster

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I thought the new scholar Jack Arthur was a keeper? He might be better than Weale as number 1.

IndoMike

Apart from the obvious holes the first 11 doesn't look too bad! I'd possibly have Will Dean in ahead of Aaron Martin, although it remains to be seen whether his best position will be in midfield or defence.
Defense is slow. Defenders need to be agile, too.

andrew p long

I thought the new scholar Jack Arthur was a keeper? He might be better than Weale as number 1.
Eventually perhaps. You will see I had Jack Arthur down as sub keeper (with Matt Taylor as another option!)

But Weale got picked ahead of Norman for the first team bench when Christy was suspended. And Norman got picked ahead of Arthur for U23s and the Devon Bowl etc. So I guessed that MT would currently pick Weale ahead of 16 year old Jack Arthur.

Joshyd123

Eventually perhaps. You will see I had Jack Arthur down as sub keeper (with Matt Taylor as another option!)

But Weale got picked ahead of Norman for the first team bench when Christy was suspended. And Norman got picked ahead of Arthur for U23s and the Devon Bowl etc. So I guessed that MT would currently pick Weale ahead of 16 year old Jack Arthur.
I don't reckon he'll pick Weale anymore, if I'm being perfectly honest.

J-Han

Chris Weale's left now so we literally only have Jack Arthur (rofl)

fred binneys head

I’ve heard good things about having a J Arthur.