Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer holiday plans..

Re: Summer holiday plans..

You forgot Bude. Lovely and sunny here at the moment, and the imminent fry up will help us decide what to do for the rest of the day. And we’ll be back on and off for the rest of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Antony Moxey View Post
    You forgot Bude. Lovely and sunny here at the moment, and the imminent fry up will help us decide what to do for the rest of the day. And we’ll be back on and off for the rest of the year.
    I would never forget the beautiful Cornwall coast : I just didn't include it because I was thinking specifically of the long summer holiday. When we were kids we often used to have a summer holiday in Newquay, before it became the trendy place to go. Of course they do pasties, too.

We've booked a narrowboat in Llangollen for a short break taking in the Chirk Tunnel and the Pontcysyllte viaduct (gulp). Never done anything like this before apart from the Norfolk Broads and I'm kacking myself about doing the viaduct. Then it's Barbados in the autumn.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy The Fish View Post
    We've booked a narrowboat in Llangollen for a short break taking in the Chirk Tunnel and the Pontcysyllte viaduct (gulp). Never done anything like this before apart from the Norfolk Broads and I'm kacking myself about doing the viaduct. Then it's Barbados in the autumn.
    Don't close your eyes if you're steering! I seem to remember to doing it both directions. Hated it!

Quote Originally Posted by Billy The Fish View Post
    Pontcysyllte
    I wouldn't be able to navigate across it, but I think I know how to pronounce it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hants_red View Post
    Don't close your eyes if you're steering! I seem to remember to doing it both directions. Hated it!
    It's not too far down

Quote Originally Posted by Greyhound View Post
    I wouldn't be able to navigate across it, but I think I know how to pronounce it.
    I'm just going for "that feckin viaduct".

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair20000 View Post

I shall be following Anton's example and spending a week in the Loire in June but not in a motorhome.
    Gorgeous part of the world. More chateaux than you can shake a stick at. Loads to see and do. You can't beat Chenonceau for sheer beauty (although there isn't actually much inside)

Most weekends at our Holiday Home in North Devon including two weeks there in June.
    2 Weeks in Lanzagrotty in September

Quote Originally Posted by Stelios View Post
    Gorgeous part of the world. More chateaux than you can shake a stick at. Loads to see and do. You can't beat Chenonceau for sheer beauty (although there isn't actually much inside)

That is probably Anton Moxey's second home. The reference to a motorhome is just his modesty.