Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Work Parties

Re: Work Parties

Quote Originally Posted by Snakebite View Post
    Red is a pretty daft choice of colour for seats really given the tendency to fade in the UV.
    Same reason you wouldn’t buy a red car !

It's a good job the TV cameras don't face the faded seats of the IPO Stand............

I've said it before and I'll say it again. It would be better to have majority white seats with the ECFC lettering made with red seats. Too late now.

But in the grand scheme of things it really doesn't matter. Getting them 'refreshed' sounds like a total waste of money. Who cares what the seats look like when the ground is empty? On match days there should be people on them!

It is a shame we'll have to watch the whole process repeat itself in the new stand though.........

Quote Originally Posted by Stelios View Post
    It's a good job the TV cameras don't face the faded seats of the IPO Stand.....
    I think they should face the IPO though from an appearance and impression of the club point of view.

You only had to see what an eyesore Rodney Parade looked at Newport the other night with the cameras set up in the Bisley Stand (the place looked a dump) to realise the importance of appearance!

Banned
    If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong !

Quote Originally Posted by Red Devon View Post
    I think they should face the IPO though from an appearance and impression of the club point of view.

You only had to see what an eyesore Rodney Parade looked at Newport the other night with the cameras set up in the Bisley Stand (the place looked a dump) to realise the importance of appearance!
    Apart from a few moaners / viewers regularly on the net what does it matter where the cameras are placed , This has already been discussed on numerous threads (usually nothing to do with the thread and hijacked as normal) for the amount of actual airtime City get on the football league show normally about 20-30 seconds a week during the season it would cost the club money that can be used elsewhere and on better things.
    I take the pi$$ at Oxfords ground with the carpark behind the goal do you think Oxford care about it being seen on tv ? look at Yeovil's scaffold looking away end didn't bother them even in the Championship.
    Now if some overseas investor wants to make a donation for them to be moved get yer money out ..... Cant see it happening anytime soon though !

Quote Originally Posted by ramone View Post
    Apart from a few moaners / viewers regularly on the net what does it matter where the cameras are placed , This has already been discussed on numerous threads (usually nothing to do with the thread and hijacked as normal) for the amount of actual airtime City get on the football league show normally about 20-30 seconds a week during the season it would cost the club money that can be used elsewhere and on better things.
    Just my opinion but with an appealing image that 20 or 30 seconds of airtime on national tv every fortnight could be very valuable at attracting visiting fans to the club...after all itís not like you see all these multi million pound companies wasting their 30 seconds with shoddy unattractive commercials on television is it.
    Last edited by Red Devon; 11 May 2019 at 18:56.

Banned
    If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong !

I still think a brand new stand although a couple of feet short and the back drop of a terrace of housing gives our ground character and besides that when someone is watching the highlights they are meant to be watching what's happening on the pitch.