Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Hanging on in quiet desperation....."

"Hanging on in quiet desperation....."

"is the English Way" according to Pink Floyd but some Janners are now taking it to a new level. They are hoping against hope, that Bolton get liquidated to give their sorry ar$e$ a reprieve !

Just "bend over" and take it fellas !

Re: "Hanging on in quiet desperation....."

In that case we'd better start up a "Save Bolton Wanderers " fund right away.

If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong !

They also seem to think they are favourites to go straight back up ................ AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

We are the grandchildren of apes, not angels

Plus, of course, the notloB's near neighbours are (despite promotion) also apparently in long-term dire financial straights so they not be able to take their newly allotted L1 slot either....clutch at straws, Janners, clutch at straws.

(Mind you, by all accounts, the Scummers' own financial (and ownership) situation doesn't appear to be overly shipshape either...wonder how "keen" Harry Plotter and Timmy Hallett will still be if (or when) PCC grant their long awaited planning permission for the hotel complex they have long dreamed of?)

Ground share soon at Truro's new stadium soon for the nastily Cornish? … or perhaps even with their more successful soulmates at Plainmorgue??

Oh, and PS. May I request double infraction points for CB for trying to conflate one of the Floyd's most beautiful works into a discussion about the Scum...I don't think I ever be able to listen to DSotM the same again.

We are the grandchildren of apes, not angels

Oh, although it's a shameless plug here but I thing by favourite band foresaw it all coming for the Scummers

After all, faced with the grim reality of their own

They are now

Whereas, in truth, we all know that they are TOTALLY

Quote Originally Posted by ramone View Post
    They also seem to think they are favourites to go straight back up ................ AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
    To be fair they probably will be favourites.

If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong !

Every year any team that goes down are favourites to go straight back up IF they have gone down fighting for every point.
    In reality how many times do teams that go down a league struggle against other teams who want promotion.

What's this about Tisdale taking Carey Lameiras and Ladapo? Can't blame them for wanting a bit of security and success. Those one year contracts work against you when you go down.

Quote Originally Posted by ramone View Post
    Every year any team that goes down are favourites to go straight back up IF they have gone down fighting for every point.
    In reality how many times do teams that go down a league struggle against other teams who want promotion.
    The bookies will most likely have them as favourites. We all know that they're going to struggle but they're still favourites

It’s brilliant news that argyle are favourites. Means the odds I’ll get on them getting relegated will be bigger.